how do i install a module

so i made a website using prestabox.com (http://techtrolysis.prestabox.com/) and have no idea how to install a module. i click download for the .zip files then extract the .php but then what? i also own the domain techtrolysis.co.uk and have no idea on how to link the two so have just set up basic forwarding but thats another problem altogether

can anyone help?

Hi there

I am also new in prestashop but I think to install a new module you need

a) First download your zip module to your pc

B) then in the backoffice of your shop in the section modules there is a link that says "Add new module" which is a wizzard to import your new zip archive.

c) After you finish the upload module is installed and ready to be configured.

I think I am not forgetting anything

Cheers

Click on the "Add new module" link (see screenshot), then enter the URL of the module's zip file or upload the zip from your computer.

Another way to add a new module is extract the zip on your computer and upload the files to the modules directory using an FTP client.

16939_h7XEPFnVJAxjGLmNiyUX_t

Hi rocky

Was wondering if you could help me with this error I am getting when I try to upload a new module. I have already the zip file but when I try to load it using the "add new module" link I get this error messame:

1 error 1. zip is not installed on your server. Ask your host for further information.

Any ideas of what the cause can be? anything wrong with my prestashop configuration?

Thanks a lot in advacne

If you are using Dreamweaver (or an FTP client that lets you view permissions), go to the Remote view, then right-click the modules folder and click "Set Permissions". This will let you change the permissions of the folder.

If you don't have an FTP client that can do that, you will need to go to your website's cPanel, then go to the File Manager, which will list the permissions of your directories and files.

• 2 weeks later...
i have tried that but they havn't replied to any of my emails! very annoying!

Hi, I have both Prestabox and Prestashop and I confirm you cannot add a module in Prestabox otherwise than from Prestastore (very very limited choice). In the same way you do not have FTP access.
Hope it helps!

• 5 months later...

There are good and cheep servers!

I recommend to do the install by yourself and being able to manage your prestashop by yourself, ftp transfer etc...

How ever if someone offers you to do it for you, be sure it is on your name!

Your Prestashop should be yours!!! and not a third party :exclaim:

A good hosting company should answer questions/support in short time otherwise it is useless, it seems that prestabox has a slow service (same respond time as prestastore... very slow)

Like previous post, I suggest you to install it by yourself at a good host. To have the opportunity to manage files, install what modules you like etc