Still have issues after the PayPal module upgrade? Pro module working fine?

tannerS

I updated my 1.5 site's standard PayPal module and it has the common issue of nothing showing up in the B/O. So, I tried deleting and installing again, tried using an older module and still can't use PayPal standard. I do receive payment only getting notifications via PayPal, but there is TWO shipping charges now and the B/O shows the cart as cancelled.

My PrestoChangeo Pro module for credit cards is working fine as far as I can tell, but customers are complaining about the lack of regular PayPal payments. With the double shipping charges I decided to disable the module. 

I guess I'll try the European PayPal module? Any harm in using it on a US site? I've been reading the forum, don't see a solution.

OK, I installed the 3.8.1 module and it seems to work on my US site. Looks a little different on the PayPal summary page, but the transaction shows up in the back office and the total is correct. So. I guess I'm using the Euro version since the US/Can screws up royally.

So, if your using the US/Can version with issues, try the Euro version... Working for me so far.