Missing category block on left column!

The left column has been enabled. Actually, everything works on left column, except category blocks, and here is what caused it, or at least the action after which it vanished.

I made 2 CSV import files, one for 1 root category with two sub-categories, and the other one with the products for these 3 categories. I imported them and noticed how there were no products in the root category, but the other ones worked fine, so I used the pscleaner module to delete my catalog so I can edit them and start over.

NOTE: The block was showing after I made the import, but then....

After I did that, the categories block vanished completley. It didn't reaper when i used the "reset" function and not even after enabling/disabling the block. Any other bloc from that column, however, works.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

Update: I figured out why it didn't show. It seems that the CSV file got corrupted and wouldn't place my categories in the parent/root category called "home", or in my case "echipamente electronice" (the name I typed instead of home).

So, I guess this problem can be called solved, but I do have a curiosity: Is it normal for the tree to vanish if I have no categories inside? And should all categories be linked (find root) to Home and Home only?

Ok, so I've been running quite a few tests to see how my category tree would look like, since it has about 1000 categories, including sub-categories and roots.

It seems that the CSV file ignores the parent root, Home, most of the times and doesn't want to link my categories to it. I just see X empty categories when I access the category tab. I dare to say there might be a bug since it's not the only time I encounter this issue. I say it's a weird bug because sometimes it works and it shows my categories.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

• 5 months later...