Add to Compare - Not working in 1.6.0.11 version

I have the same problem and I don't receive any error.
I have contacted the web hosting provider and I asked for a check on error log of the web server.

The support have found a double call for the index.php 

index.phpindex.php?controller=products-comparison&ajax=1&action=add&id_product=8&_=1422622764199

I tried removing a one "index.php" and the URL working fine ! 

what change needs to be done?

I have the same problem and I don't receive any error.

I have contacted the web hosting provider and I asked for a check on error log of the web server.

The support have found a double call for the index.php 

index.phpindex.php?controller=products-comparison&ajax=1&action=add&id_product=8&_=1422622764199

I tried removing a one "index.php" and the URL working fine ! 

what change needs to be done?

Hi morpheus74,

I have the same problem here.

May I know which file are you referring to?

I open index.php but I cannot see the line that you have just mentioned.

"index.phpindex.php?controller=products-comparison&ajax=1&action=add&id_product=8&_=1422622764199"

Hope you can share, thank you!

The most troublesome module together with the comparison module is the Google Analytics module (GAnalytics).

Make sure you have the newest ganalytics for PrestaShop and try again.

For most PS users this fixed the issue.

Hi helldog2004,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to install and update GAnalytics module, but still the "add to compare" button is not adding anything to the comparison.

Comparison still showing "Comparison(0)".

And worse of all, the "Comparison(0)" button is disabled, it is showing a no entry sign which disallow me to click.

Anyone face the same problem here?

Any solution? Thank you.

Can you disable each module one by one and see if any of your modules is conflicting with your comparison module.

You can do this by going to FTP/modules and change each folders name one by one.

for example folder is now called folder_

Refresh page and see if anything changes.

If not, place name back, and take second folder.

Until you find something that fixes your issue.

Can you disable each module one by one and see if any of your modules is conflicting with your comparison module.

You can do this by going to FTP/modules and change each folders name one by one.

for example folder is now called folder_

Refresh page and see if anything changes.

If not, place name back, and take second folder.

Until you find something that fixes your issue.

Hi helldog2004,

Thank you for your reply.

I just noticed that I do not have "Comparison Module" in my prestashop.

I tried to search for it in module, but it is not there even.

I already set the Product comparison to 5. I guess this should enable the comparison module, right?

Pardon me if I am wrong, I am very new here, thank you.

yes, this comparison is a standard feature of PrestaShop, therefore can only be disabled if the amount of comparison products are set to 0.

BUT, this does not mean that other modules can not interfere in the functionality of the comparison feature of PS.

Therefore, disable all other modules one by one to see if one of these modules is interfering with your comparison feature.

If none are interfering then lets go to the next step.

Go to products --> Select one product --> Associates

Is this set correctly? Because if this is not set, then PS can not figure out which products are related to eachother for comparison.

Also make sure that products --> Categories are all associated to the correct shop (if you have multiple shops).

Also if all products are stored in the default group "home" the products won't be compared with eachother.

Check the manual for more information: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Categories

yes, this comparison is a standard feature of PrestaShop, therefore can only be disabled if the amount of comparison products are set to 0.

BUT, this does not mean that other modules can not interfere in the functionality of the comparison feature of PS.

Therefore, disable all other modules one by one to see if one of these modules is interfering with your comparison feature.

If none are interfering then lets go to the next step.

Go to products --> Select one product --> Associates

Is this set correctly? Because if this is not set, then PS can not figure out which products are related to eachother for comparison.

Also make sure that products --> Categories are all associated to the correct shop (if you have multiple shops).

Also if all products are stored in the default group "home" the products won't be compared with eachother.

Check the manual for more information: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Categories

Hi helldog2004,

Appreciate for your reply so far.

I have tried to disable all the modules one by one, but none of it has interfere with the compare module.

I found out that there is a "blockwishlist" module, when I rename it to "blockwishlist_", the "add to wishlist" button is disappeared.

So, I suppose there must be a "blockcompare" module, right? But I cannot find one.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.