Categories not showing in footer

xbenjii

open block categories module configuration page

there is an option to define how many columns your module will show in the footer

there is also option to define category root.

try various configuration of these options.

It's empty for all category root options. The footer columns makes no difference either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't suppose you've found a reason yet?

did you find a solution for this? Im having the same issue for some reason 

Edit

Solved it, although i had my categories defined in my horizontal menu and they were showing, the actual root directory category was disabled so it wasnt displaying in the footer.

Edited by TACS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

did you find a solution for this? Im having the same issue for some reason 

Edit

Solved it, although i had my categories defined in my horizontal menu and they were showing, the actual root directory category was disabled so it wasnt displaying in the footer.

Bump :/

did you read my solution above? is your home (root) directory in your categories disabled?

I did yes, they're not disabled since they're showing in the top header menu.

your categories can still display in the header menu even though the root category could be disabled,

you root category has no purpose, its just your home page, all your top menu categories are defined in the top horizontal menu module. so they will display there regardless to whether they are disable or not.

go to your categories, the (home root) category, is it disabled? i ask this because it was on mine, and it was that what was causing the problem. quite simply one simple human error.

your categories can still display in the header menu even though the root category could be disabled,

you root category has no purpose, its just your home page, all your top menu categories are defined in the top horizontal menu module. so they will display there regardless to whether they are disable or not.

go to your categories, the (home root) category, is it disabled? i ask this because it was on mine, and it was that what was causing the problem. quite simply one simple human error.

Ah. I've checked the database and in the admin and it's not disabled.  The footer I've just noticed is actually part of the blockcategory module, which is showing fine. It's just the footer that isn't.

My current category tree goes like so, is this normal?

Root > Home > Categories

Edited by xbenjii (see edit history)

• 3 months later...