Show related products on product detail page

Hello,

Is it possible to decide by myself which products will be shown on the product detail page? Right now, it shows the products from the same category, but I want to adjust these myself and decide by myself what items should appear here. I am using Prestashop 1.5.

E.g. if I sell a stapler, I don't want all other staplers from the same category to show up at the bottom of the product page, but I want to show the matching staples for that particular stapler.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Is it possible to decide by myself which products will be shown on the product detail page? Right now, it shows the products from the same category, but I want to adjust these myself and decide by myself what items should appear here. I am using Prestashop 1.5.

it's not possible to do it in "related products". but you can try to deal with "accessories" - you can translate this part to meet your requirements (change translation to "related products" for exmaple). YOu will be able to decide then what products this section will show :-)

Hello and thanks for answering. I am working with version 1.5.6.2. And I don't have Accessories there, but in Dutch it's called "Opties" which is "Options" in English. Perhaps that function does the same? But the webdesign company I work with has changed the whole template of our website. It by default shows related products from the same category. But I cannot "overrule" this myself by adding products here, it seems. They said they can change it, but they'll charge me for that. So, I was wondering if I can do it without their help and just by myself. 

We have a terrible webdesign company. In fact, it is harsh to find any webdesign company knowing anything useful about Prestashop here. Now, they claim they can fit this option but need to adjust our template and coding for it. In fact, when they started building our website, PS 1.6 was already released but they claimed it was too early to start using 1.6. It is my humble opinion they just don't have the skills to figure out 1.6 on time (even though it took them 8 months to finish our 1.5 shop).

The accessories feature doesn't seem to be present or it's not functioning properly in combination with the template adjustments. Does anyone know a good web design company in The Netherlands knowledgeable about Prestashop? :-(

All I can see is "Options" and then I can find an optional product, but as I said, it's not being displayed because related products shows the products within the same category. I tried to add a screenshot here, but I cannot figure out how to upload a local file or paste any screenhot in this forum.

I wish we had PS 1.6 instead of 1.5, but the company claims it's very difficult to upgrade to 1.6 now as they made a lot of custom adjustments to our shop to fit our needs. In fact, sometimes I wish we had never chosen PS (or at least worked with 1.6 from the start).

• 4 weeks later...

Did you already find your answer?

I know finding Dutch support is hard, and I hope I can finally help someone for a change.

What Vekia is saying is that you can add accessories to a product. You do this within the product in the backoffice (catalog/products or catalogus/producten)

Via this you can add other product as accessories to your selected product. So for the stapler you could add for example nietjes, perforator or binder.

Via the translations (localisation/translations or localisatie/vertalingen) you can call accessoiries "gerelateerde producten". 

Does this help?