Mandrill not working anymore Oo

For a unknown reason mandrill is not working anymore :

<< The SMTP connection failed to start [smtp.mandrillapp.com:587]: fsockopen returned Error Number 111 and Error String 'Connection refused' >>

I checked all the connection infos and they are all right.. indeed nothing did change either.

Anyone ever faced this problem ?

My host does not allow outbound connections on ports 25, 465, and 587 as well. 
However, i managed to 
succeffully send test messages using the following SMTP settings:

Mail domain name: -

SMTP server: smtp.mandrillapp.com
SMTP user: USERAME
SMTP password: PASS
Encryption: NONE 
Port: 2525

I received several customers complains for not receiving any email not for customer registration, nor for order confirmation.

Unfortunatly for some reason, some emails are being rejected. I contacted mandrill support and they figured that the headers of the messages that are being rejected are passed to mandrill like : 

To: =?UTF-8?B?zprPgc75z4PPhM65zqzOvSDOo86szr3PhM+Bzr/PhQ==? [email protected]

and their comment was that for that string to be encoded correctly, it would need to end with an equals sign, like so:

To: =?UTF-8?B? zprPgc75z4PPhM65zqzOvSDOo86szr3PhM+Bzr/PhQ==? = [email protected]

EDIT: I figured that this is happening only when customer name is spelled with greek chars. When customers name is in English eveyrything works fine.

Do you have any idea how i can fix this? 

Edited by HaCos (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My host does not allow outbound connections on ports 25, 465, and 587 as well. 

However, i managed to succeffully send test messages using the following SMTP settings:

Mail domain name: -

SMTP server: smtp.mandrillapp.com

SMTP user: USERAME

SMTP password: PASS

Encryption: NONE 

Port: 2525

I received several customers complains for not receiving any email not for customer registration, nor for order confirmation.

Unfortunatly for some reason, some emails are being rejected. I contacted mandrill support and they figured that the headers of the messages that are being rejected are passed to mandrill like : 

To: =?UTF-8?B?zprPgc75z4PPhM65zqzOvSDOo86szr3PhM+Bzr/PhQ==? [email protected]

and their comment was that for that string to be encoded correctly, it would need to end with an equals sign, like so:

To: =?UTF-8?B? zprPgc75z4PPhM65zqzOvSDOo86szr3PhM+Bzr/PhQ==? = [email protected]

EDIT: I figured that this is happening only when customer name is spelled with greek chars. When customers name is in English eveyrything works fine.

Do you have any idea how i can fix this? 

I am also curious about this because in Portuguese we also use "special chars" in a lot of names.

• 9 months later...

I was having the same issue. After a long debuging I was able to find out what the problem was. There seems to be a mixing encoding in the mail headers (base64 and qoute printable) wich swiftmailer should be able to deal with. And it does until the very end of the proccess in wich it trims our necesesary trailing "=" from our base64 encoded customer name. It's funny because in my case it depended on the original string length (and I didn't find out exactly why).

Anyway, I resolved the issue encoding the whole header as base64 changing this line of code in classes/Mail.php (or its override):

Instead of:

$message->headers->setEncoding('Q');

this:

$message->headers->setEncoding('B');

I don't really know if it's a good procedure but it works!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...