PayPal V1.3.8 Order Confirmation

tdr170

Hi All:

Prestashop 1.4.6.2 and PayPal USA v1.3.8

Having an issue with the PayPal module, had to upgrade to the latest version from 2.8.7 in a 1.4 store due to the SSL issue.

The issue is that the order goes through to paypal but the order is not returned to the shop, does not show in order.

I do receive an email from PayPal showing a payment so the order was processed as far as PayPal but no further.

If I use the PayPal Europe v3.8.1 then the order is completed and shows in the order page of the back office.

I know what your thinking, well just use that one LOL but the issue I have with that is the PayPal page does not break the order down in the same way that the USA version does.

USA version shows separate lines for tax and shipping the Euro version just shows a total for product which includes the tax.

Also why have a USA version if it does not work.

Has anyone seen this issue and more importantly is there a resolution.

PS: The USA version has the same issue in 1.5 and 1.6.

Any help is appreciated !

• Like 1

Hi All:

Having an issue with the PayPal module, had to upgrade to the latest version from 2.8.7 in a 1.4 store due to the SSL issue.

The issue is that the order goes through to paypal but the order is not returned to the shop, does not show in order.

I do receive an email from PayPal showing a payment so the order was processed as far as PayPal but no further.

If I use the PayPal Europe v3.8.1 then the order is completed and shows in the order page of the back office.

I know what your thinking, well just use that one LOL but the issue I have with that is the PayPal page does not break the order down in the same way that the USA version does.

USA version shows separate lines for tax and shipping the Euro version just shows a total for product which includes the tax.

Hi All:

I have the same issue on one of the website I manage using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 with Paypal USA,Canada v.1.3.8

Transactions are going to Paypal normally but I don't see any transaction in the backend of the website.

I haven't tried the Paypal Europe yet because I wasn't sure if it was working properly.

But on the other website I manage, I'm using Prestashop 1.6.0.9 with Paypal USA,Canada v.1.3.8 and everything seems to be working fine. I see the orders in the backend and on the Paypal account.

I hope they fix this problem soon because it's really inconvenient.

Edited by Slidster (see edit history)

Same problem here

running prestashop 1.6.0.11    paypal v3.8.1

Recently upgrade about two weeks ago from prestashop 1.4.7.

Paypal worked for a few days, then stopped working. The customers payment does actually go through but the order does not show in the back office. 

THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT MODULE OF PRESTASHOP is PAYPAL. Without that, we're not accepting money, really hope prestashop looks into this asap otherwise our business is gone :(

• Like 2

For users of Prestashop 1.4 I have a solution to the PayPal USA module issue, Basically I modified the original version I have used for years to work with TLS.

The version is PayPal 2.8.7 and I tested this today and all worked perfectly the order goes through and shows in the back office.

Here is the Modified Module:

paypal 2.8.7.zip

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

For users of Prestashop 1.4 I have a solution to the PayPal USA module issue, Basically I modified the original version I have used for years to work with TLS.

The version is PayPal 2.8.7 and I tested this today and all worked perfectly the order goes through and shows in the back office.

Here is the Modified Module:

attachicon.gifpaypal 2.8.7.zip

Thank You Very Much!!!

Hopefully it will work.

Can you explain what you modified in order to make it work?

I tried to put the code here and it will not show, well half will and half won't seems the forum has am issue.

I tried pasting, I tried just typing, I tried putting it in as code but it would not show, nothing worked.

So all I can do is post as an image.

ssl.jpg

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I tried to put the code here and it will not show, well half will and half won't seems the forum has am issue.
I tried pasting, I tried just typing, I tried putting it in as code but it would not show, nothing worked.
So all I can do is post as an image.

ssl.jpg

Cool, That's awesome, Thanks!

How did you figure out what to change?

Did you find any tutorial on a website or something?

PS: I looked into the file I believe you modified "paypalconnect.php" and I saw the first change you mentioned is corrected but the second one still has the sslv3.

Is that correct?

Look at the image:

post-331207-0-19974100-1422062057_thumb.jpg

No it should have said tls, thanks for pointing that out I have corrected and re-uploaded the corrected zip file, this time unzipped and double checked.

Research,Research,Research is all I can say.

This is not the first PayPal module I have modified to get it to work.

• Like 1

Hi. I have Prestashop 1.0.6.9 and I'm using Paypal USA/Canada/Mexico 1.3.8 Standard Live mode. I updated through the backoffice using the "update" button for the module at first, it showed it had been updated to the latest version but still did not work. So then I manually updated it and it worked. I suppose some files that need to be changed don't always come through with the "update" buttons just yet. Or maybe some files aren't being cleared when updating so it conflicts.

1. Uninstalled the module.

2. Delete it, then reinstall it manually through the back office from Prestashop Addons. Now everything works correctly!

Have you tried downloading the module directly from the Prestashop Addons?

Once you've downloaded it, go to your back office and click on modules. At the top is a button that reads "add a new module" click it and upload the zip folder. Reinstall the

Paypal module, fill in your credentials, and then test it. This has worked for me. The order shows up now in the back office and everything. Paypal also registers the order and items and the customer sees it in their order history once the payment has been approved by Paypal. (Just requires the customer to refresh the page or wait 10 secs to view their order).

All this was tried I uploaded the file directly to the modules folder, did not work, I uploaded the zip from the back office , did not work.

I have tested in Prestashop 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 and none passed the order correctly between PayPal and Prestashop.

To do some further testing I loaded a fresh copy of 1.6.0.11 and tested PayPal USA there and all was fine so the issue seems to be with updated sites.

Not the first time I have seen an issue with PayPal and updated sites, I have a report on the forge for a separate issue that only dealt with updated sites and the database.

Can other posters confirm that their sites are updated and not fresh installs.

All sites I tested on before this were upgrades from 1.4.

• 5 months later...

if this is off topic please let me know. after i go to paypal express checkout and back to my website, i get back to this page: http://site.com/module/paypal/confirm?get_confirmation=1 .

i have to click: "Please confirm your order by clicking 'I confirm my order'." then it takes me to : 

this is a lot of steps. is it possible to go after paypal straight to here: http://site.com/module/paypal/submit?key=6712723685e8f23e33fe220be693fc7f&id_module=256&id_cart=1482&id_order=120

thank you