Order lost when paying with Paypal

tank

I just updated my Paypal to 1.3.8  since it stopped working Jan 12.  

When customer places order and pays with paypal  I receive the money in my Paypal account,   but order does not appear in orders.   If customer views history order is marked as cancelled.

Running Prestashop version 1.4.11.0   in Canada  

Jan 12 Paypal stopped working because Paypal stopped supporting ssl.    I upgraded the Paypal module to 1.3.8

Now payment goes through but order disappears.  It does not show up in orders.  No order number is skipped.

Yes,  I can reproduce the problem.   Once you place the order with paypal,   it will display that the order is cancelled.

This is a serious problem....... 

Orders done with offline Credit Card module works fine.

Running Prestashop version 1.4.11.0   in Canada 

If anyone finds an answer to this im also having the same issue so pls also update me on my below thread too. Big problem for us too, paypal has stopped working now for about 4 days. Well actually the payments go through but same as the poster no orders show in the back office. Thank you

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/396022-paypal-payment-not-working-urgent-pls-help/

Hello there,

I suggest to only fix the problem with SSL / TLS protocol.

If upgrading the module does not work for you, we should apply the fix manually by yourself.

I did upgrade that by following these guide:

- http://prestamonster.com/payment-modules/6-point-of-sale-pro-for-prestashop.html (recommended)

- https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/379422-urgent-paypal-update-from-ssl-30-to-tls/

Hope this helps!

Tung

Hey. I just uninstalled the module, deleted it, then reinstalled it manually through the back office from the downloading it on Prestashop Addons. And now everything works correctly!

Have you tried downloading the module directly from the Prestashop Addons?

Once you've downloaded it, go to your back office and click on modules. At the top is a button that reads "add a new module" click it and upload the zip folder. Reinstall the
Paypal module, fill in your credentials, and then test it. This has worked for me. The order shows up now in the back office and everything. Paypal also registers the order and items and the customer sees it in their order history once the payment has been approved by Paypal. (Just requires the customer to refresh the page or wait 10 secs).

• Like 1

Hi. I have Prestashop 1.0.6.9 and I'm using Paypal USA/Canada/Mexico 1.3.8 Standard Live mode. I'm not sure what the difference is between them. I updated through the backoffice using the "update" button for the module at first, it showed it had been updated to the latest version but still did not work. So then I manually updated it and it worked. I suppose some files that need to be changed don't always come through with the "update" buttons just yet. Or maybe some files aren't being cleared when updating so it conflicts.

Edited by The Fuzzy Pineapple (see edit history)
  • Like 1