Partial Shipment Solution PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.2

Bill Dalton

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get any response about this. At least from anyone who has worked on a solution.

I was able to find two modules for sale that claim to allow you to edit orders regardless of order state. But both were a complete waste of time and money. They just don't handle all the changes to tax and other things related to the PS database structure.

My main concern is tracking a backorder. A simple quantity field in table ps_order_detail, if value greater than zero status of order is Backorder, email to customer optional. Also a backorder date, and if you wanted to get fancy tie into the existing field for this in the stock available table

That way you can easily keep track of which orders have backorders and create a backorder report to make sure the items are ordered when available. The order at this point will either end up with the backorder shipped ASAP at that point the backorder quantity is again  zero and the status of backordered removed. Cancelling the backorder or the order marks it zero as well.

When an order has a backordered item the invoice if printed or/and the delivery slip should show clear the item as backordered and the expected date it will follow.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Bill,

I have an idea but not sure how to implement it,

Say you have 2 warehouses, 1 called out of stock items, 2 in stock.

All available to order.

When a customer places an order with an item in stock and one out of stock (2 invoices are produced because they are coming from separate warehouses)

I am struggling however to find a way to create a mass movement of 0 stock items to the out of stock warehouse or visa versa.

Andy174, I have wondered the same thing. Could I use the advanced inventory capability of PS and would that solve my needs?. I have turned on this feature and if it does have a method for what I need it is at the very least not intuitive. :)

Let me know if your testing get you to the promised land.

The shop I'm concerned with is PS 1.5.6.2 and I'm quickly becoming a dinosaur. 

The tick box would not help if you have QTY 3 of same item and you are shipping 2 with one backordered.

The Status module I had not seen before, but looking at what info is available (no demo is available) it doesn't seem to do much more than the tick box. If you have an order for qty 3 of same item you must mark them all as backordered. It doesn't let you ship 2 and backorder one.

At least that is the way it looks to me with the little info.

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed this module.

Works very well for me so far.

Regards the above comment:-

I simply add the same product again change the amount and mark that as shipped, and then adjust the missing items to on back order.

Hope this makes sense.