Problem with SEARCHq

No, it is not possible to do Boolean searches with the search function that comes with Prestashop. You'd have to modify classes/Search.php and modify the find function to take operators into account. Be aware that the AND keyword is blacklisted and so will be removed by the sanitize function before the find function is called. You'll have to remove it from the blacklist in Preferences > Search if you want to use it as an operator.

• 2 weeks later...
No, it is not possible to do Boolean searches with the search function that comes with Prestashop. You'd have to modify classes/Search.php and modify the find function to take operators into account. Be aware that the AND keyword is blacklisted and so will be removed by the sanitize function before the find function is called. You'll have to remove it from the blacklist in Preferences > Search if you want to use it as an operator.

Hi Rocky,

judging by your answers to various questions regarding the search function in PS, I believe you can help me with a request from a client of mine.

They sell mobile phones with accessories such as bluetooth. Currently when a search query is made for example Nokia 6303 or just 6303 the result is good but it also returns bluetooth headset or any item that has nokia 6303 somewhere in the description regardless of what categoty that item resides in.

my client has requested that we have the search function modified so that it only query the item names in the database so the returning result will show only the item with the searched keyword in its name.

the other example search we performed was "bluetooth", "bluetooth headset" but we got a bunch of phones in the result.

can you please help?

we can donate or if you prefer we can dicuss feesl.

PS version 1.2.5.0
http://egobas.co.uk/FM/

cheers,
Dee

• 2 weeks later...