Data migration 1.5 > 1.6 password length problems

dhurley

I am in the process of migrating the customer data from our production store (v1.5) to our new build (v1.6)

It appears that the length of the ps_customers.passwd column has changed. 40 chars on 1.5 and 32 chars on 1.6.

Passwords on 1.5 are identical to the the 1.6 passwords other than they have a colon and 2 chars appended to the end :**

So on the 1.6 DB I increase the size of the column to 40 to match 1.5. Then I import the customer.sql file I created. Then I trim the extra 3 characters like this:

UPDATE ps_customer SET passwd=SUBSTRING(passwd,1,LENGTH(passwd)-3)

Then I change the passwd column back to 32 chars.

This does not work. No existing passwords work. Password reset doesn't work either. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

That did not seem to work.

Do I need to have the column length set to 32 chars. It generates a Prestashop exception if I use 40 chars on 1.6?

I did replace the following:

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'OLD_VALUE');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'OLD_VALUE');

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'OLD_VALUE');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'OLD_VALUE');

That did not seem to work.

Do I need to have the column length set to 32 chars. It generates a Prestashop exception if I use 40 chars on 1.6?

I did replace the following:

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'OLD_VALUE');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'OLD_VALUE');

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'OLD_VALUE');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'OLD_VALUE');

gosh I don't know, I always do upgrades never port data.  you could look at logic in one click upgrade to see how it handles going from 1.5 to 1.6