Any way to create multiple downloadable products easy?

version: Prestashop 1.6

Theme: standard bootstrap

Hi folks

I have this webshop, where i am selling my photographies as downloadable products.

Right now i am creating every product one by one, with the downloadable photo, and the image so that they can see what they are buying.

No i am wondering a bit, if there is a easier way to do this?

Lets make a scenario.

I have 15 photo's

Each photo costs 20kr

They shall be in the same category

They have the same title

Same price

Same available amount

Same tags

Same ...

Same ...

All there is different to each product, is the image for the product and the file they download.

I hope you get what i mean.

Edited by CLarsenFoto (see edit history)

version: Prestashop 1.6

Theme: standard bootstrap

Hi folks

I have this webshop, where i am selling my photographies as downloadable products.

Right now i am creating every product one by one, with the downloadable photo, and the image so that they can see what they are buying.

No i am wondering a bit, if there is a easier way to do this?

Lets make a scenario.

I have 15 photo's

Each photo costs 20kr

They shall be in the same category

They have the same title

Same price

Same available amount

Same tags

Same ...

Same ...

All there is different to each product, is the image for the product and the file they download.

I hope you get what i mean.

Hello Clarsen foto,

I guess you could import a bulk of products onto your Prestashop database via CSV import but you would have to go on each product you just uploaded in bulk and add an image to each product.

If let's say you wanted to upload 100 products in same category, name, tags, prices etc then the CSV import will be helpful to you since all you have to do is to go on each product and add an image to it.

If you think this is what you're looking for then go to Advanced Parameters > CSV Import and follow the steps.

If you need a CSV sample file you can download them on CSV Import page of your prestashop, just look at the bottom right corner under "DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CSV FILES" and you will see various samples there.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

Hi romaoco

Well yeah, that could make things a little more easy, i just have to know where/what all the different things in that csv file is, and how they work, but i think i am going to figure it out. 

I was hoping that there could be some kind of addon to prestashop, to make it on another way. 

But definitely this could save me some time when adding 10+ images/photographs 

If any else has better ideas please let me know :)

Hi romaoco

Well yeah, that could make things a little more easy, i just have to know where/what all the different things in that csv file is, and how they work, but i think i am going to figure it out. 

I was hoping that there could be some kind of addon to prestashop, to make it on another way. 

But definitely this could save me some time when adding 10+ images/photographs 

If any else has better ideas please let me know :)

I'm glad I was able to help.

If you just download a sample from your CSV import and open it with a standard excel software you will be able to see all the fields to what goes where and replace those fields with your own data, if the pricing, description etc is all the same then all you have to do is to copy and paste ;)

You can import images with a csv file. You just need to provide an url.

My procedure when I have images is:

- Do in the command box of Windows a "dir /b > xx.txt" command in the directory that contains all the images. That will give you a list of files (the /b switch gives them bare, without additional info like date and file length). I export the result to a text file so that I can import it in a text processor.

- In a text processor insert a path at the beginning of the name. So "mypicture.jpg" becomes "http://www.myshop.com/tmp/mypicture.jpg". I do this with a macro in Notepad++.

- Upload all the images to the tmp subdirectory of your shop.

- Copy the completed file paths to a spreadsheet. Add additional fields like name, price and category.

- export the spreadsheet to a csv file

- import the csv file in Prestashop.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that assist.

You can import images with a csv file. You just need to provide an url.

My procedure when I have images is:

- Do in the command box of Windows a "dir /b > xx.txt" command in the directory that contains all the images. That will give you a list of files (the /b switch gives them bare, without additional info like date and file length). I export the result to a text file so that I can import it in a text processor.

- In a text processor insert a path at the beginning of the name. So "mypicture.jpg" becomes "http://www.myshop.com/tmp/mypicture.jpg". I do this with a macro in Notepad++.

- Upload all the images to the tmp subdirectory of your shop.

- Copy the completed file paths to a spreadsheet. Add additional fields like name, price and category.

- export the spreadsheet to a csv file

- import the csv file in Prestashop.

Thanks for the assist.