product import module

hi, im trying to import products from the csv you provide but im having difficulty as the time out time is to short on my hosting and i cant put it higher, so i was thinking of buying the module from the prestashop addons website but im not sure it that will also timeout, will this work for uploading the products? thanks

CheapUKDeals

module link:

I use store Manager for the same reason and it is great. But it is even more xpensive than the module mentioned above

i have to say though, that if you are running a shop that needs to update 8000 products a day, surely you must be making enough to invest $100 - if not you have to question why

well its my first shop and i dont know much about this so i dont know how much i would profit. this module says its automatic though and it also has more information for each product than the csv file, do you think it will work with the timeout timer and also how much do you think the site will make?

Store Manager works by direct access to the database tables so does not timeout. We update 1500 products daily with no issues, where as with CSV i was timing out after about 20 

They do a free trial so you can test it out

Also, they have an additional module that automates the process. So we automatically update prices and stock levels everyday t 4 pm. You so need your compute on to do it though

You pays yer money you takes your choice.

I doubt you will manage to update 8000 products at a time without investing. But who knows, perhaps someone else will offer some solutions

Hello!

You can find trial version of Store Manager at http://www.prestashopmanager.com/free-download/

Although, we currently have promo and you can buy the application with 20% discount. 

You may take part in our facebook campaign and get fully-functional application absolutely free. Find details here -http://blog.prestashopmanager.com/2012/10/get-50-discount-for-what-you-like-and.html