Undefined index errors from product-list.tpl

mipapage

I have updated CategoryController.php in order to add some smarty variables, and use these vars in product-list.tpl. This works great on category pages, but on the homepage I get undefined index errors for these fields in the 'New', 'Popular', 'Best Seller' areas. It would seem that these vars are not created for a request to the homepage.

Do I need to update some other controller somewhere for these? If so, please tell me which one as I have not been able to sort this out. Thanks in advance!

(We're on 1.6)

Edited by mipapage (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

It's easy to solve this problem, you just have to edit global.js inside your theme folder:

/themes/your-theme/js/global.js

Look for:

html += '<h5 itemprop="name">'+ $(element).find('h5').html() + '</h5>';

Replace it with:

html += '<h3 itemprop="name">'+ $(element).find('h3').html() + '</h3>';

This is because your using h3 for your product list product titles and global.js is trying to find h5 titles. Just have to unify them.

For example, if you want to use h2 just replace it in global.js with h2 and in product-list.tpl replace the following:

<h3 itemprop="name">
{if isset($product.pack_quantity) && $product.pack_quantity}{$product.pack_quantity|intval|cat:' x '}{/if}
<a class="product-name" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" itemprop="url" >
{$product.name|truncate:60:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
</a>
</h3>

The key is to keep in both files the same h3, h5 or wathever. Then the javascript will work fine.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hii to all,

There is problem when I am click payment option in prestrshop. Its shows below error

Notice: Undefined index: objOrder in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 207

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 207

Notice: Undefined index: objOrder in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 209

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 209

Please help me what is actually problem 

please check full code

payu.php

• 3 months later...

Hi

It's easy to solve this problem, you just have to edit global.js inside your theme folder:

/themes/your-theme/js/global.js

Look for:

html += '<h5 itemprop="name">'+ $(element).find('h5').html() + '</h5>';

Replace it with:

html += '<h3 itemprop="name">'+ $(element).find('h3').html() + '</h3>';

This is because your using h3 for your product list product titles and global.js is trying to find h5 titles. Just have to unify them.

For example, if you want to use h2 just replace it in global.js with h2 and in product-list.tpl replace the following:

<h3 itemprop="name">
{if isset($product.pack_quantity) && $product.pack_quantity}{$product.pack_quantity|intval|cat:' x '}{/if}
<a class="product-name" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" itemprop="url" >
{$product.name|truncate:60:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
</a>
</h3>

The key is to keep in both files the same h3, h5 or wathever. Then the javascript will work fine.

Thanks

nice. thank you

• 5 months later...

hii to all,

There is problem when I am click payment option in prestrshop. Its shows below error

Notice: Undefined index: objOrder in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 207

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 207

Notice: Undefined index: objOrder in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 209

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/emscgpl/public_html/how2brich.com/modules/payu/payu.php on line 209

Please help me what is actually problem 

HI @ganesh suthar, How did you solve this problem? I am getting the same errors.

Edited by abdukannur (see edit history)