How To Move Long Description Tab Module Up?

Hello,

My product pages (such as https://www.nizoralshop.com/en/home/24-nizoral-shampoo-200ml-70-oz-2-ketoconazole.html) are layered as followed:

1. Short Description

2. Other products in the same category

3. Customers who bought this product also bought

4. Yotpo Reviews

5. More Info (Long Description)

6. Comments

Based on several merchant websites, I realized it would be more meaningful to change the positions of these layers and better for SEO purposes (correct me if I'm wrong). Here is the order i'd like to have (items in Green are modules in Up, and Red for Down):

1. Short Description

2. Customers who bought this product also bought

3. More Info (Long Description)

4. Yotpo Reviews

5. Comments

6. Other products in the same category

However, I'm a bit lost when I go to the Position Modules tab in my Prestashop 1.5.4.. I am unsure which module to bring up or down. Could you please help me find those modules to slide based on the above list?

Thank you

Your product pages are defined in the product.tpl template in your theme directory.

I don't have time to review all the elements you mention. But basically there are two things you need to consider:

- the product.tpl template defines the gross order. 

- modules are connected to hooks on the product template. If more than one module is connected to the same hook you can define their order of appearance in the "Positions" page that you can find in the backoffice menu near the modules. 

short and long description are not modules. So you can only move them by adapting the product.tpl template. 

As for the rest: just look at the positions page. It isn't that difficult. Personally I never remember the names of the hooks. Instead I always do a text search for other modules on the same hook. BTW: remember that modules are on more than one hook. They are typically on one header hook for being started and then on one or more other hooks for display. So always make first an inventory of which hooks a module is hooked.

Moving products up and down a hook is simple and if you don't like the result you can easily undo it. So please do experiments.

• 1 year later...
Guest locen

Hello, 

Hi would put REVIEWS SECTION unser MORE INFO in product page, how i can make it?

post-1119372-0-74047100-1461674260_thumb.png

someone can help me? 

Hi,

in the product.tpl, this code contains the reviews box :

<!--HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB -->
<section class="page-product-box">
{$HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB}
{if isset($HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB_CONTENT) && $HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB_CONTENT}{$HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB_CONTENT}{/if}
</section>
<!--end HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB -->

in the same file the more info box is this lines:

{if isset($product) && $product->description}
<!-- More info -->
<section class="page-product-box">
<h3 class="page-product-heading">{l s='More info'}</h3>
<!-- full description -->
<div  class="rte">{$product->description}</div>
</section>
<!--end  More info -->
{/if}

You should move the code of the hook_product_tab,(where the reviews are) after the code of the more info part. that should be your solution.

Regards, Leo