Creating dummy user account that cat make orders in the front end.

Hi,

I have what I think is simple request.

We need to create dummy user account on our webshop to which will attach certain special prices.

Idea is to send this dummy user name and password to people in our mailing list, in our newseltter, so they can check new prices once they login to the website. Of course in the email content we will state what customer need to fulfill first in order to be able to buy with these discounted prices...

This user, once logged in our our website should be unable to make orders. He can just login with tha particular user name and password and check the prices but not to order anything.

Also this user need to be concurrent, so for example 2 or more people can login at the same time with the same username and pw on our website.

As I said this would be a dummy account, used only for testing for anyone in our mailing list.

We are using Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Can this be done in 1.5? 

If you want to do it without making any changes to your shop, you can use a new customer group and do not allow for any shipping carriers for it, that way even if a customer would want to checkout, they will not be able to.

The "cleaner" way would require some custom changes that would hide the add to cart functionality, or display a message when it is used.

Thanks Tomerg3,

I prefer not to change the code as this is not one of those "important" stuff.

Thanks for method 1 but we will go with regular dummy user account and we wont be paying attention to orders that might come from that account... It not classy I know but I would work :)

Btw, there you have idea for new module maybe... :D