Paypal and their currency convertion rates !

sanhas

Hi,

I'm new here so i hope that i'm the right section to exlain my problem;

I think already some of you have noticed that Paypal currency convertion rates are ridiculisly low, which i just got the chance to notice it ( :blush: )

I receive payments in EURO, and i use Payoneer to withdraw my money, and every time i do, paypal convert the funds from EUR to USD and guess what, for example, if i want to whidraw 900€ they take more than 25€ (thro extange rate).

I can set the default currency in my shop as USD, but i'm affraid my constumers (mots of time based in France and without a technical background) will see it as a EUR and with think my prices are high (yes i'm serious, i sell custom made tresses to womens)

Si i was hopping if someone can guide me to the following solution : keep the prices showing in my website as EURO but charging my costumers in USD

I will be very greatful for any help

PS : sorry for grammar mistakes

I think you must have your shop in several currencies, one for each market. Be sure that people from France buy more if you are in EUROS, and people from UK in POUNDS, pleople from Japam in YENS....

We have check it and we have increase sales after include a lot of currencies.

but actually the exchange of paypal is a joke

maybe if you have a paypal account in USD and your main currency in USD paypal changes better, but you must have more currencies en your shop. If not you will not be compare with shops of this countries.

I recommend you to use VISA (paypal can not be removed, because there are buyers that if there is no paypal do not buy.)

We've added VISA international payment system and we have discovered that VISA LIKE MORE THAN PAYPAL

I do not know what country are you, In mine paypal charges a 3.5%+ 35cts and Visa is 0,6%+10cts

Hi Moraira and thanks for your reply,

Yes i actually have 2 curencies in my shop EURO and USD, but my costumers are mainly in europe, so most of them prefers EURO.

I have a european Paypal account.

Any one else have an idea ?

thanks