Manufacturers name not showing in friendly URLs

Hi,

The manufacturers name is not showing on the friendly urls, only the ID is displayed. Categories, products and other names are showing the problem is only for the manufacturers. This happens when accented url is activated. When deactivated the problem is solved but I need this to be activated otherwise I can't edit my products and categories.

Anyone with a solution?

Prestashop 1.5.6.2 

PHP 5.5.17

Edited by mellowman (see edit history)

Not anymore but when the accented function is deactivated the products created with an accent are the problem even if the accent wasn't in the name. The accents activated and it works properly but the manufacturers addresses aren't displayed.

Any lead about a bug with PHP 4 or 5 ? Because this issue is a new one and could correspond to the switch to PHP5

Edited by mellowman (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Adding a note here.

I just suffered the same problem. In a 1.5.4.1 installation that has worked great for about 2 years, all of a sudded my manufacturer links stopped working.

I do use a pretty url module so all the manufacturers links were just pointing to the shop root for not good reason.

I had a two week old test site running and it kept working. Running a complete diff between the two directories showed no changes and the backoffice settings was unchanged.

We do not use accented urls but the option has always been available.

In the end, by disabling accented urls, my problem went away but I never found the explaination on why this problem popped up from nothing.

What I do know it that at least in 1.5.4.1 when accented urls were active, my manufacturer links were something like id_ and nothing else. When disallowing accented urls, the link was ok id_manufacturer_name.

What made the cause more complex was that we use a pretty url module so when the manufacturer name was not present, the link to the manufacturer was completely empty, hence we end up pointing to the root of the store.

The solution was to disallow accents and reset the pretty url module, then it seems ok for now. However I never found the reason why this has been working for 2 years and all of a sudden just broken.