Suddenly Shopping cart high TTFB time

Hi Everyone,

Please excuse my English.

About 2 weeks ago I suddenly encountered a strage problem: my cart is not slow to load, but it takes a very long time for it to starts loading and it seems to be post-303912-0-36305600-1416935421_thumb.jpgeating up a lot of the server memory. And by a long time I mean 15-25 seconds.

The first issue I had was a memory allocation error in my cart. The server support helped by increasing the memory limit from 125 to 512 MB. This helped the errror, but what I got instead was a very long time before the page even starts to load.

I have the same problem with all the other pages, but it is less than 2 seconds.

Let me mention I run a Prestashop 1.5.4.1 on a VPS server - www.Bocane.ro.

Any directions would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We have managed to get our site down to <2seconds from a terrible 8 seconds before

We have tried profile debugging, disabled hooks, etc and this worked somewhat Ok for the front of the cart.

The trouble were having is we cannot get this to work for the cart at checkout. TTFB is around 10secs. 

We have tried checking Ajax and see no problem.

Does anyone have anything they can suggest we can try

Thanks - It's painful, we are wanting to go live but at 10secs for a cart to add product is way to long.