[SOLVED] [error] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException'

Hi!

I've reinstalled my website (1.5.6.0) and on checkout, after i hit "finish order", i get a blank page, instead of order-confirmation. When I look in the error log, i get this:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' in /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error()\n#1 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(10, '\\xE2')\n#2 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(10, '\\xE2')\n#3 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(206): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('{*\\n* 2007-2013 ...')\n#4 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))\n#5 /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sys in /home/beatrixart.ro/htdocs/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667, referer: http://beatrixart.ro/module/cashondelivery/validation

For checkout, i used cash on delivery as method of payment.

I tried rolling back on some modules that don't work with 1.5, as suggested here, but it didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas what could it be?

Thanks a lot!

I deleted the contents of order-confirmation.tpl and now i get a blank with header, footer and menu. I will try restoring the original order-confirmation and get back to you if the problem is solved.

Later edit: i tried deleting the iframe i used for affiliate marketing and it works fine, i had to wrap the iframe in {literal} to make it work.

Thanks a lot for help, Vekia!

Edited by Lorentztm (see edit history)

I'm glad this problem was solved. In my case, this is the second time i receive a blank page on "http://*****/module/cashondelivery/validation" after finnishing any order. Last month the problem was from a courier module installed, but this time i really can't decide what module is the cause? Is there any chance to find out the precise module what create this problem?

When order is complete, client receive blank screen and not a single email is sent (to him or to me); also, no order status is given for the new order.

Thank you in advance

L.E.: solved with advice from @Vekia in another topic. The backslashes in "public_html/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/mails/ro/order_conf_product_list.txt" caused by using romanian letters in translations (like "ș,î,ț,ă,â). From now on i must avoid using those letters in translations.

THANK YOU, VEKIA!

Edited by motovip (see edit history)