Blank page with Paypal installation

ampos

I am running Prestashop 1.4.9

I try (excuse my english) to upload new paypal zip file, but get an error of bad file.

I unzip by hand, connect to ftp and upload it to /modules/ (previously I had /modules/paypal/ renamed as /modules/paypal-old/)

Now prestashop says something about "connect backward compatibility" (again, my prestashop is in spanish, not english, so some translations could be wrong). A fast google search ends me installing a "backward compatibility" module.

Now I have 2 new modules with OK green tick: paypal 3.8 and backward,

In backward module, if I click "configure", the prestashop module page is realoaded, but only 2 lines, up to "backoffice > modules" line. The rest of the page is white, blank, nothing, nada.

In paypal module, anything I click (configure, reset,...) sent me to a full white blank screen.

Any idea?

Bonus track 1: I have a second /modules inside /modules (so, /modules/modules/). I think it is a error copy done sometime, is it safe to delete it.

Bonus track 2: I can not delete the /paypal-old, permision denied. And can not change permisions also. It has "propietary/group" id 48 48, while most of the other dirs have a different user ID.