Couple of questions about PayPal USA module

rgwhitaker

I'm trying to get the PayPal USA module to work properly and have a couple of questions.

1. How can I change the logo that appears? I'm only wanting to use the PayPal Express Checkout. I went into the /modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hooks/express-checkout.tpl file and tried to change the URL to the logo image I want to use, but it doesn't work.

2. I thought that Express Checkout was supposed to stay on your website? It doesn't. It takes me to a PayPal website.

I'm using PS 1.5.6.2.

I've also got a PayPal Payments Pro account, which accepts credit cards, but I'd like to have customers be able to use their PayPal accounts as well.

Thanks for any assistance.

Paypal express does not stay on your website and it is inherently broken because paypal does not really release clear details of what their api needs. The flow of the express checkout is this, use clicks it, it takes them to paypal, they sign in and agree to the payment, add an address or use an existing, then it comes back to prestashop and you confirm the payment and the charge is taken. Where it is broken is that paypal has recently started increasing the number of countries that require states, provinces, or prefectures.  But they haven't really released a list of all of those countries. So when it comes back from paypal and tries to store a state for say hong kong, it will create a payment error. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your response.

Sounds like a big mess! I guess I won't be using PayPal Express until/unless they get their act together.

In the meantime, I'll just stick with PayPal Payments Pro.

What are you using for PayPal Payments Pro? I can not get it to work with my site??

Thank you