Unblock deleted clients for future registration

Hi everyone,

As you will know, when a registered client is deleted in the backend, PS asks for one of these two options: delete it and allow future registration, or delete it and permanently block registration for that user (email).

Accidentally, I deleted two users and selected the option that prevents future registration for the users. My question is, how can I unblock those users so that they can get registered again in the future?

Is there any option in the backend for this? (a blacklist or something which I could edit). Or in any case, where in the database could I edit the flag or whatever that prevents those user to get registered again?

Thanks in advance.

I found the table ps_customer and searched for the user with a query like this:

SELECT * FROM `database_name`.`ps_customer` where firstname like '%username%';

However I didn't found them. So they got totally erased from that table. I suspect there must be another table which stores those blocked users but so far I can't guess which one could it be...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bukimedia.

I just checked this on PS 1.5.3.1, with the help of phpMyAdmin. I performed a search for the customer's email, choosing the "match exact phrase" option and selecting all the tables in the database. These are the results:

1. If you delete a customer and permit re-registration, PS deletes this customer completely from the table ps_customer. phpMyAdmin didn't find any other entry in any other table.

2. If you delete a customer and prohibit re-registration, PS doesn't delete this customer from the table ps_customer. It just changes the value of the field "deleted" from 0 to 1. I guess this is done so that upon a new registration, PS can check if an entry exists in this table with the same email and deny registration. Useful note: if you change the value of "deleted" back to 0, this customer entry happily reappears in the BO!

In your case, the entries should still be there. Unless something has changed in PS versions greater that 1.5.3.1, which I doubt. Maybe your SELECT query isn't correct. You could try searching by email, like I did.

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Hi bukimedia.

I just checked this on PS 1.5.3.1, with the help of phpMyAdmin. I performed a search for the customer's email, choosing the "match exact phrase" option and selecting all the tables in the database. These are the results:

1. If you delete a customer and permit re-registration, PS deletes this customer completely from the table ps_customer. phpMyAdmin didn't find any other entry in any other table.

2. If you delete a customer and prohibit re-registration, PS doesn't delete this customer from the table ps_customer. It just changes the value of the field "deleted" from 0 to 1. I guess this is done so that upon a new registration, PS can check if an entry exists in this table with the same email and deny registration. Useful note: if you change the value of "deleted" back to 0, this customer entry happily reappears in the BO!

In your case, the entries should still be there. Unless something has changed in PS versions greater that 1.5.3.1, which I doubt. Maybe your SELECT query isn't correct. You could try searching by email, like I did.

Thanks a lot persifal, you are right. Prestashop 1.6 works exactly the same as you highlight for 1.5. The issue is now solved for me :-)