Product count conflicts with filters? [SOLVED]

mamatocw

I have a big problem in PS 1.6.0.9. When, in the category page, you use a filter, the products count don’t work properly.

For example the words "1 of 7 of 7 items" become "117171"! But if I analyze the source code of the page in the browser I find that the words "1 of 7 of 7 items" is correct. The problem occurs with both Firefox and Chrome.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

post-851427-0-17730300-1415899881_thumb.png

post-851427-0-44316700-1415899882_thumb.png

Edited by mamatocw (see edit history)

Can you check if the translations in your language is correctly done?

Go to Localization->Translations

Chose Front office translations, your theme, your language choose Modify Button,

post-455771-0-23315300-1415964673_thumb.png

Click 'Close all fieldsets' and click again on the same button (text changed to 'expand all fieldsets')

find the block 'pagination' and check carefully if the translation in your language has correctly added %1$d, %2$d (and one time %3$d)

post-455771-0-10617600-1415964694_thumb.png

Hope this helps. Let me know. If not, please add the URL to your site,

pascal.

• Like 1

Thanks Pascal.

This problem is a little annoying. If I translate "Showing %1$d - %2$d of %3$d items" with "%1$d - %2$d to %3$d items" the problem remains, but if I translate as "From %1$d to %2$d of %3$d items" the problem disappears.

Apparently, according to PS, the sentence can not start with a numeric variable ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, interesting. Seems to be correct for a second, and then be destroyed by some javascript or so.

For now, maybe use

[ %1$d %2$d of %3$d items ]

or

( %1$d %2$d of %3$d items )

or so, if you don't want the From.

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with 1.6.0.9 version. But I use the translated text "Zobrazují se %1$d - %2$d z %3$d položek ". It shows : Zobrazují 1 1 75 75 334 334 položek

Even if I make the text "Zobrazuji se .... polozek" (without the special signs of Czech language), I still have the same problem (after 1 second it shows again the Zobrazují 1 1 75 75 334 334 položek)

If I add the brackets (so the translated field contains : "[ Zobrazují se %1$d - %2$d z %3$d položek ]"), then I get different weird result on the first page: [ 1 se 75 - 334 z 334 položek ]

Any idea what to do with it ??

Thank you

Edited by Petr Smetala (see edit history)

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with 1.6.0.9 version. But I use the translated text "Zobrazují se %1$d - %2$d z %3$d položek ". It shows : Zobrazují 1 1 75 75 334 334 položek

Even if I make the text "Zobrazuji se .... polozek" (without the special signs of Czech language), I still have the same problem (after 1 second it shows again the Zobrazují 1 1 75 75 334 334 položek)

If I add the brackets (so the translated field contains : "[ Zobrazují se %1$d - %2$d z %3$d položek ]"), then I get different weird result on the first page: [ 1 se 75 - 334 z 334 položek ]

Any idea what to do with it ??

Thank you

SOLUTION

There MUST BE ONLY ONE WORD before the %1$d !!!

If I write "Zobrazuji %1$d ..." it works. If I put there "Zobrazuje se %1$d ..." it shows the over-numbered nonsense :-)

I don't understand why it acts this way.

Hope this helps someone.

PS: The one who wrote this specific code should check that ;-) It's really weird that the number of words changes the result ...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...