Default theme is all messed up when upgrading from 1.6.0.8 to 1.6.0.9

PA

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded a test store from v1.6.0.8 to v1.6.0.9, together with all the modules that needed an upgrade, and now my front page is all messed up.

In a search I've done, some people pointed the featured products module to be the guilty one, and suggested to reset it, but with no results on my case.

I'm attaching the new ugly look I get.

I have cleaned all the caches (I think) and reset the modules Featured Products and Best Sellers, but no success.

Can someone help?

I'm afraid that when I launch my new website something like this will happen...

post-45511-0-02638900-1415638118_thumb.png

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded a test store from v1.6.0.8 to v1.6.0.9, together with all the modules that needed an upgrade, and now my front page is all messed up.

In a search I've done, some people pointed the featured products module to be the guilty one, and suggested to reset it, but with no results on my case.

I'm attaching the new ugly look I get.

I have cleaned all the caches (I think) and reset the modules Featured Products and Best Sellers, but no success.

Can someone help?

I'm afraid that when I launch my new website something like this will happen...

Have you cleared all the caches both in prestashop and your browser?

Yes, I cleared everything.

On PrestaShop I went to Advanced Parameters -> Performance and pressed the Clean Caches button on the top of the page. Is this the right place?

Btw, I forgot to mention on the 1st message, that I have all the free modules that come with Prestashop installed. Maybe it's and incompatibility between some of them?

That is correct for clearing the cache in prestashop - but did you clear the cache in the internet browser you are using. May not be the problem, but at least rule it out

Default fee prestashop modules should be fine really - but you could try disabling them all, then if all looks OK, install one by one. Remember to clear all caches between each attempt

Yes, I cleaned the browser cache as well.

I'll try to disable them all and then reactivate 1 by 1. It will take time, the back office has 50 modules on that category...

I'll post a feedback when I finish.

I'm not sure disabling all modules and re-enabling them 1 by 1 will help much.

I did that, and started by activating just the block my account footer, did a module reset, browser and prestashop cache clean, and on the 1st refresh the footer is already messed up (see attached image)

post-45511-0-04365900-1415658771_thumb.png

Edited by PA (see edit history)

I just did the same thing just for block cart, with all other modules disabled, and same messed out front page (see attached image).

I tested in Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11, all show the same wrongly configured theme.

post-45511-0-29175200-1415659021_thumb.png

Edited by PA (see edit history)

My issue is now fixed :)

Unfortunately, I still don't know what happened :(

This is what I did, for future reference:

• Started from the broken 1.6.0.9 version
  • rolled back to 1.6.0.8 in the 1-click upgrade module
  • cleaned all caches and looked at the front office. Everything was ok now.
  • Updated once again to version 1.6.0.9. In the process the upgrade process upgraded 100 modules as well
  • Cleaned all caches and looked at the front office. Everything was still ok
  • Looked at the modules section to see if there was other modules to upgrade but there where no new upgrades.

Let's hope this is the correct way to proceed in case something like this will happen again.

• Like 1