[SOLVED] How to change "/prestashop" web address

Good afternoon

I'm about to launch my site but would like to change the web address from ".com/prestashop" to maybe just ".com/shop" or maybe take it off completely and just have my website homepage be the webshop. I've looked around and can't find anything in the forum, or at least not under what I've been searching. 

Can anyone help me with this? Is it as simple as going into FTP and changing the name of the prestashop folder? I don't really want to go in and trial and error and end up messing something up completely.. 

thanks in advance, i always appreciate the help on this forum. 

Edited by monkeythreads (see edit history)

in addition to changing the 'folder' name

use phpmyadmin, open your db, find ps_shop_url, there you will need to update with new folder name 'physical_uri'

(I like shops in root, so if you go that route the folder name in shop_url would be simple slash /)

you will also need to regenerate your  .htaccess (can be done by accomplished by turning off and on friendly url)

• Like 1

in addition to changing the 'folder' name

use phpmyadmin, open your db, find ps_shop_url, there you will need to update with new folder name 'physical_uri'

(I like shops in root, so if you go that route the folder name in shop_url would be simple slash /)

you will also need to regenerate your  .htaccess (can be done by accomplished by turning off and on friendly url)

Great. thank you!

L

• Like 1

i renamed it to /shop before and everything was fine, then renamed the  "ps_shop_url" to "/" and tried to rename the "shop" folder that was prestashop in FTP to "/" it was invalid. Then I changed back the "/" in "ps_shop_url" to "shop" to get everything back because nothing was working and to be able to reset the  .htaccess , but now nothing has a theme it's just script, see the attached photo. 

sorry for the late question but i have a launch for the site and need it back up, even it it is just the .com/shop I can redirect the main page to get there,

hope that makes sense.. 

thanks for all of your help, this forum is priceless.

you can check it at www.monkey-threads.com/shop

post-846541-0-37641600-1416123835_thumb.png

Edited by monkeythreads (see edit history)