Tax included/excluded is not working as expected

dformica

When my wholesale customers purchase anything, they don't pay any taxes. 

So in this case, the group they belong to is set up as "tax excluded" expecting that behavior.  But rather what this does in my Prestashop (1.6.0.9) is that it adds or not the the tax value to the specific product price, the tax is still shows in the cart summary and adds to the total.

I don't see why anyone would want to change the product price at all.  The tax should show as a sub total item in the cart summary that's all.

Anybody knows any other way to manage groups to make them tax exempt?

Hi, I am working on this issue also.

I think this is problem just how particular *.tpl showing the price because in database there is no any price with tax , there is only price without tax actually.

I made wholesale customer group with option "Price display method" -> "Tax excluded"

At the moment all products showed correct price (without any tax). The problem is for example in order steps where total price is showed with tax. Also for example, it is same in bankwire module where in very last order step is showed also price with tax. 

If we look closer to payment_execution.tpl (bankwire module) we can see that price is showed as follow:

<span id="amount" class="price">{displayPrice price=$total}</span>

this is not correct in our case becaues variable $total is always with all taxes. So we need some other variable where total price is without tax. 

Unfortunately bankwire model dont have this variable available so we have to use cart function getOrderTotal(false) -false means price without any tax. 

I change to this 

{if $priceDisplay == 1}
<span id="amount" class="price">{displayPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(false)}</span>
{else}
<span id="amount" class="price">{displayPrice price=$total}</span>
{/if}

In same way must be modified other *.tpl files order steps , blockcart etc.

I think prestashop also offer different way how to set tax free customers but for me this is the only solution because at the moment all products in store has assigned 20% tax. And I really dont want manually change this price to 0% in some special cases especially when there is 5k products.

Edited by Artemis909 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...