Where is Manual or Help File

I am quite confused, is there no documentation other than digging thru the forum ?

I keep thinking I'm overlooking it but can't find it...

Help File ?
Manual ?

What is a tag ?
What is a feature ?
What is a group ?
What is an attribute ?

How are these things related when I do data imports for my catalog ?

Importing Categories:
what is Meta-title
what is Meta-keywords
what is Meta-description

Importing Products:
what is Reference #
what is Supplier reference #
what is Supplier
what is Tags (x,y,z...)
what is Meta-title
what is Meta-keywords
what is Meta-description
what is Feature

Importing Attributes:
what are Options
what is Reference
what is Supplier reference

don't get me wrong, seems to be a great product with lots of potential but the amount of time that has been invested in this implementation, was there no time put into any documentation ?

I got to believe it's right in front of me but I can't see it, excuse me if that is the case

thanks, Scott

Click on the Wiki at the top of the page for the official Prestashop documentation. It is admittedly pretty limited, but it has some information on what you are asking for:

Products
Attributes and Attribute Groups
Importing Product Data

I'll try to explain these options below:

The tags at the bottom of the product editor are used for the tag cloud module. An attribute group is a group of options that a customer must choose between when adding a product to the cart. For example, you must choose which colour iPod you want using a dropdown. Features are used to list the features of the product and are listed at the bottom of the product page. The customer doesn't choose features, they apply to all variations of the product.

The meta-title, meta-keywords and meta-description of a category or product are put in the <head> tag of the category and product pages for search engine optimisation purposes.

The Reference # of a product is displayed in the orders. Supplier Reference # is the reference number from the supplier. It isn't displayed on the order. It is for your reference only. Enter the supplier ID in the Supplier field to link the product and supplier. For the Tags (x,y,z), enter the tags that apply to the product that will be displayed in the tag cloud, separated by ",".

To import features, put each feature in a separate column of your CSV, then when you are selecting your columns when importing, select "Feature" in the dropdown, then enter the feature name in the text box, then click OK.

Thanks much for taking the time to put that together, it does answer ALOT of my initial questions and provides a basic understanding of the key fields.

If other people have things to add to this thread, I'd be willing to collect the information and draft a document that gives an overview of the fields in all the import tables and where they are used.

Or I can just keep firing questions as they arise and I'll collect the information

(I'm working on an automated tool to import data to Prestashop from other provided product catalog data)

thanks, Scott