Webservice work on Lightspeed

Hi

I have a fresh installation of Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and get an error on the webservice page.

"Please activate the 'mod_auth_basic' Apache module to allow authentication of PrestaShop's webservice."

My sysadmin says mod_auth and AuthBasic are enabled on the system.

Lightspeed is being used which to be honest I don't know much about but thought it was a layer on top of Apache because in my cPanel it lists my server as Apache version 2.4.10.

Has anybody got l Webservice work on Lightspeed? or know how I might fix this editing the webservice classes?

Really hope I won't have to move host.

Many Thanks

Chebs

Edited by Chebs (see edit history)

I would first check who is right:

"Please activate the 'mod_auth_basic' Apache module to allow authentication of PrestaShop's webservice."

My sysadmin says mod_auth and AuthBasic are enabled on the system.

Can you check the apache2handler section of phpinfo on your server ?

Thanks for your reply. 

Sysadmin was right.

Auth basic was installed and working but Prestashop uses php's  'apache_get_modules()' function to check for auth basic and as it doesn't support Lightspeed  Prestashop was showing a false error.

I had a sneaky secondary error which was stopping my API calls. A password protect setup in .htaccess , from Cpanel was breaking the API authorisation.  When I commented out 'AuthName'  all is well. (but no more psssword protected folder, I'll have to work out how to fix that later)

Cheers!

• Like 1