Carrier weight and price dependent possible?

Hello,

I have 3 different shipping carriers and for one of those carriers I want it to:

1. Send out maximum 2Kg, otherwise this carrier is disabled.

2. Maximum product value limit of xxUS$.

How do I set it so I have both the price per weight and set a limiter to maximum value of product allowed?

1.5.6.1 I use.

• 3 weeks later...

Following my logic this should be possible by following these steps:

1. Set your carrier to calculate shipping According to total price. Set maximum order value in the ranges to xxUS$ and set Out-of-range behavior to Disable carrier

2. In the size, weight and group access set Maximum package weight (Kg) to  2Kg

Now, the problem is that the Maximum package weight (Kg) is not calculated correctly (if is calculated at all) in PrestaShop or I don't understand the logic behind this. If one product exceeds the Maximum package weight set under carrier settings then this carrier is disabled but when for example we have 3 products of 0.4kg each (total weight of 1.2kg) and the Maximum package weight is set to 1kg then this carrier will NOT be disabled. This is in  PS 1.6.0.8

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Following my logic this should be possible by following these steps:

1. Set your carrier to calculate shipping According to total price. Set maximum order value in the ranges to xxUS$ and set Out-of-range behavior to Disable carrier

2. In the size, weight and group access set Maximum package weight (Kg) to  2Kg

Now, the problem is that the Maximum package weight (Kg) is not calculated correctly (if is calculated at all) in PrestaShop or I don't understand the logic behind this. If one product exceeds the Maximum package weight set under carrier settings then this carrier is disabled but when for example we have 3 products of 0.4kg each (total weight of 1.2kg) and the Maximum package weight is set to 1kg then this carrier will NOT be disabled. This is in  PS 1.6.0.8

You are absolutely correct about this.

If one product has a weight of 0.5kg, and you add 2 of it to get 1kg - the carrier with maximum weight 1 kg is disabled.

If two products has a weight of 0.5kg, and you put 1 of each in the shoppingbag - the carrier is not disabled.

I was going MAD until I saw your post there.. thank god I did see it...!

I don't know what would happen if I kept on getting the same unlogical result prestashop gave me for the last two hours. damn.

Do you know if this has been reported in the bugreport?