Override admin header.tpl and custom css

me-and-prestashop

I need to add the employee profile as a class in the body tag of Back Office. Editing the file adminXXXX/themes/default/template/header.tpl seem to do just this. On line 110:

<body class="ps_back-office{if $employee->bo_menu} page-sidebar{if $collapse_menu} page-sidebar-closed{/if}{else} page-topbar{/if} {$smarty.get.controller|escape|strtolower} {if ((int)Context::getContext()->employee->id_profile) == 5}profile5{/if}">

Instead of editing this file, it is probably better to make this an override. I tried to make a copy of the header.tpl and place it inside (www)/override/controllers/admin/templates/ but the override did not happen. Do I need to make some folder structure inside the override folder? Or do I use some other override folder? Do I need to delete cache/class_index.php?

Also I need to add new css rules to the admin theme. What is best practice for adding custom css to the default admin theme?

Why?

I need to hide certain elements in the BO for this profile. Since the profile permission is not specific enough. E.g. the employees need to configure some modules without being able to update, disable, delete the module (ref. this forum post

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you for the help and clarification. I will have to edit the admin .tpl file then. When adding new css rules to the admin theme I found the adminXXX/themes/default/css/overrides.css and hope this is not overwritten when updating later. I will just have to save a copy/backup of the edited adm theme files for updates.

On most modules the shop editor/employee will have access to the functionality inside admin without specific access to view or edit the module. But employees will need permissions to configure some modules - like the "Theme configurator" module. My solution so far is to remove the module menu item in admin menu (using profile permission) and hide the #moduleContainer (using CSS) in case the employee finds the link to the modules page in the breadcrumbs. How do other Prestashop devs prevent employees from updating, disabling, deleting modules they have access to?

(Sometimes it would be useful to give access to some configuration options only - like the bottom part (banners) of the "Theme configurator" module. Is this done with customization of controllers/template files or by using other more specific modules?)
Edited by me-and-prestashop (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...