Contact Us Email doesnt work - Test does

Have you enabled Module Email Alerts ?

It would also help if you would let me know your experience level. Are you new to Prestashop?

New to prestashop, yes. Not new to the internet, though. Began running forums back when phpbb 1.0 was the new thing and have been running a lemonstand based ecommerce site for the last 2 years.

Fantastic, so have you been able to place a test order and receive an email?

Right now I am working on the contact us page.

If I send an email there, I dont get it at my email address. If I do the "send test email" in the BO to the same email address, it comes through just fine.

Ok, I still don't know if you have enabled email alert module, but I'm going to assume you are getting emails when you place an order. Take a look a look at this thread, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/167511-contact-form-e-mails-not-send/

Hope that helps ...

I did add the email alert module, but dont even have any products in my shop yet. Been working on getting all the other issues worked out first.

Finally got around to the code changes.

I get the email notice in the back office.

I get the email notice that my message was sent (the notice sent to the email address you enter on the FO contact form).

But I still dont get the email notice to my customer service email address.

How odd. Have you tried changing the email address and see if that sends? If it does then at least we'd know if you should keep looking at PS or the receiving email server.

I have my personal email address and then my 2 business emails.

all are run through google. My 2 business addresses are run through google apps for business. I allowed mail relaying and put in my server IP too, but still no change.

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing the exact same problem- all email features seem to work just fine except for forwarding the contact form details. I have a shop in Polish (English version is not enabled), I use mail alerts and I do receive emails with order confirmations and test emails for the same email address as set in contact form. 

Did anyone manage to solve this?