Prestashop 1.6 and Google AdWords conversion tracking

Hello,

In PrestaShop 1.4 and 1.5 I added the Google conversion tracking code to the store/themes/mytheme/order-confirmation.tpl file. However, in 1.6 adding it in the same manner does not seem work.

Previously once I had added it there I also updated the store/smarty/compile/****file.order-confirmation.tpl file as well, but this file no longer exists in 1.6.

Does anyone know or has successfully added Google Conversion Tracking to Prestashop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Add the Adwords code at the very end of the order-confirmation.tpl, in between literal tags:

{literal}

Adwords code

{/literal}

The problem is that customers who sign up for an account don't hit the order-confirmation.tpl, so won't be counted by Adwords.

Registered users are instead directed straight to the order-history page upon order completion. This makes very little sense to me and I don't understand the logic for doing so, but apparently it's intentional (!).

Add the Adwords code at the very end of the order-confirmation.tpl, in between literal tags:

{literal}

Adwords code

{/literal}

The problem is that customers who sign up for an account don't hit the order-confirmation.tpl, so won't be counted by Adwords.

Registered users are instead directed straight to the order-history page upon order completion. This makes very little sense to me and I don't understand the logic for doing so, but apparently it's intentional (!).

Hi

Nope thats not the reason in my case

Found my fix here

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/368094-google-adwords-conversion-tracking-broken/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

The Google Adwords team called me and gave me instructions on how to track conversions in PS 1.6. Not convinced it's correct but they told me to go into order-confirmation.tpl and only add:

src="//www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/XXXX/?label=XXXX&guid=ON&script=0"/>

To the bottom of the file. So there are no literal tags, etc.

My conversion numbers are going up but I wonder whether it's just counting the number of sales regardless of whether they came as a direct result of a Google Adword.

What do people think?

Cheers

Nick

• 11 months later...