[SOLVED] Remove tax from product price - looked everywhere

Turns out this was either a problem with the template I was using or a module I had installed. Whatever it was, the problem was in the product-list.tpl file. I replaced that file with the default installation one and taxes then worked perfectly.

I think I've read about every thread there is on taxes today. And have not found my answer.

I have a U.S. store set up to charge tax only for WI residents. In prefs/products I have tax set to Tax Excluded. But when I click on a category - the products are showing with the tax included if I am logged in with my WI address (as well as not logged in at all). (in the cart block it shows the prices without tax included). If I log in with my address from any other state - all the products show their pre-tax price with no reference to tax. (this is what I want all the time).

In Payment/Taxes I have my WI tax with zone US and State WI checked. I unchecked US which removed the tax from the products but then it failed to add it upon checkout.

I know the fix for that would be to set WI up as state tax instead of product tax - however that won't work for this store because some products are taxable, some are not.

So am I just stuck with the price reflecting the tax then? Or is there some way that I can set it as a state tax, but exclude certain products from that tax.

I'm using V1.2.5, and theme compatibility is set to No.

Darn, I wish it could have been that easy lol.

Could this just be a theme issue? I'm using the ddlx_presta_pro_tribal theme.

Guess I could try it out with the default theme and see if that's the issue.

Ok well I just switched to the default theme and all my prices are now showing up 'tax excluded' which is great.

However, it is calculating all tax at an even $1.00 even when I add more to the cart, total tax is $1.00 - not so great lol.

Guess later when I have more time I'll have to sit and start comparing theme files to try and get this worked out. Or maybe I'll get lucky and will check here before I start that and see that the $1.00 thing is a common glitch and easy fix lol :)

Hmmm what do ya know - the $1.00 tax issue stemmed from a mod I installed. I disabled the module and tax is being figured correctly!

So now to make that theme work like the default one. I think I'll be better off just copying the default theme then making all my changes from scratch. I've modified that previously mention theme so much it's unrecognizable anyway.