Error 500 after disabling Apache Multiviews

Jaje

Hi guys,

I am having really hard time as I don't know how to fix this. What I did is  this, I checked "Disable Apache Multiviews" in back office and clicked save, after which 500 internal server error popped out. Now I get this error on both front and back office, can't even get to the login page. Can someone please help me?

(Prestashop 1.5)

Thank you!

If you set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to TRUE in /config/defines.inc.php - do you see some error message?

Or check in the Apache error.log file for the actual message.

Hi Cristic, ty for help, when i set the php file as you said, nothing happens, no error messages. I am trying to find where Apache logs are...

Everything was working fine until today when I decided to remove French language, which I did, but links to categories remained with /en at the end and didn't work. I read on the forum that disabling apache multiviews helps, I disabled it and immediately ended up with 500 internal server error.

Rename .htaccess from the main directory to something else.

Then go to MySQL and in ps_configuration set PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS to 0. This will disable Friendly URLs.

Go to back-office > Preferences > SEO & URLs and re-enable Frindly URL. This should rewrite .htaccess file.

Check if this solves.

• Like 1

Rename .htaccess from the main directory to something else.

Then go to MySQL and in ps_configuration set PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS to 0. This will disable Friendly URLs.

Go to back-office > Preferences > SEO & URLs and re-enable Frindly URL. This should rewrite .htaccess file.

Check if this solves.

Thank you very, very, very much my friend!!! You made my day!

As soon as I renamed .htaccess error 500 stopped popping out, I re-enabled Friendly URL which created new .htaccess file. Everything works fine now, I didn't even have to change MySQL settings and in addition the error 404 which initially led me to this is gone as well! :)  Topic SOLVED!