Cart not clearing, notification not happening after Cust. uses Paypal.

Details:

Issue with Customers returning from PAYPAL and still having items in their Cart, and no orders posted, and no email validation, and no trace of the transaction on the Back Office side either.

HELP !

This problem is pervasive, as others seem to be experiencing the same problem.
My shops is severely handicapped due to this issue.

It must be a CONFIG issue, as so many shops out there seem to be running just fine.
I disabled the other customer follow up module, and Bithday Present module as well....Still no luck.

Other than this I'm really impressed with PS, but this is obviously a show stopper.

Again, someone please HELP!

I once had this problem. Have you used the IPN tool in the PayPal Sandbox to test whether the PayPal IPN is getting through to your site? For me, it wasn't getting through, so I contacted my host and they changed a setting so that the PayPal IPNs could get through to my site. Since then, it has worked perfectly.

I have actually the same problem, on the Paypal Account / Preferences page in the IPN history log i have all messages as 'successfully delivered'. But in the Orders tab in the Backoffice - nothing, i have to go into the customers tab and look up their caddies in order to validate the payment manually.