how do i create a blank page to add text to[solved]

I been trying since last night to just create a new page.  What i am doing is using this script to replace my main site files as soon as its done so ill have to move it.  But some of my pages are pass thru pages to some of my other services meaning that its just a text page that sends them over to another site of mine. 

I tried to do the category, product deal so i could have the page in the menu but that is not working out and its confusing.     I would like to just make a clean page, put some text on it, have it show  up in the top menu and thats all. 

including the header and footer of course but just in the middle i want to add text.

is that doable via module?

thanks

Edited by durangodave (see edit history)

here is how you do it in 1.6 

1. MAKE A BACKUP.

2. You may not have to do this but since i was having issues i wanted to be sure, so i replaced all my admin files. If you do this be sure you open the admin folder on both sides so you only upload the files NOT the folder, if you do youll mess up your special admin name.  If you cant log in then replace the /config/config.inc.php file  from your backup.  Still not sure how that got messed up.

3. preferences CMS and create your new cat or create a new page under the home cat.  DO NOT USE THE LITTLE CIRCLE ADD OPTIONS on the page that is shown on the video.  I had serious tunnel vision on this one.  I happen to look up in the right hand corner of the page there in all their glory are two buttons...   create new page and create new cat.  lmao  (i must have head serious blinders on) or maybe they were not there until i replaced my files i dont know.

4. now go to your top menu module and slide the name over to active side and it will be on your menu now.

If you want your page to have its own category then just create a category (using the button not the circle deal) in step 3 then make your page part of that cat.

5. DONE  now you have a new custom page.

Edited by durangodave (see edit history)
  • Like 1