PayPal v3.7.2 module gets 404 page found error when to use Login with PayPal

alexyang

Hello,

I am using PayPal v3.7.2 and when I activate Login with PayPal in it, I always got 404 page when to be redirected to "http://mydomain/modu...tication&scope=......". However when I test this on local windows OS without any problem. Instead, I used this on godaddy hosting sever I always got 404. Can you please help.

By the way, I tried to set permission with 644, or 755 for below files, but no luck.

paypal_login.php, paypal_login_token.php, PayPalLoginUser.php

And I also tried to delete the file .htaccess in the folder "public_html", but still not working.  Please advise.

To add more info here, when to check access logs I found below line.

"GET /modules/paypal/paypal_login/paypal_login_token.php?authentication&scope=https%3A%2F%2Furi.paypal.com%2Fservices%2Fpaypalattributes+address+openid+profile+email+https%3A%2F%2Furi.paypal.com%2Fservices%2Fexpresscheckout+phone&code=6-26hl_9xS-s-qKSMXQlatxHoMQbG-8uVHyJE7tbFJug-AwEUSSMadGvrfcQNmYY7lCP9EqfXKoDsjrHCt1fAz5l57lkf-fOQYLBV_gvLD5fkpcydKTSe-_lxEWiKvY-HS9RKNyX51VzfZEedO9IcjosTPE4Jqamp0ESkB1ckd1Pk2F5 HTTP/1.1" 404 25325 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0"

Thank you.

Alex

post-844984-0-17154900-1412444453_thumb.png

Edited by alexyang (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

hello,

change permissions at modules/paypal/paypal_login folder to 755 and files in it to 644 and see if it helps. Solved a similar problem of mine.

this doesn't work at all: my folders' permissions are already 755 and the files' 644 - there's nothing to change. Does anybody actually have a solution for this?!? 

Edited by vanyaaleksandrova (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone , sorry in advance if I'm wrong to comment here my problem .
A few days ago I noticed that in the statistics of the 404 pages I find many links to errors with paypal .
In particular, I see that the module path is wrong , because it points to / paypal / express_checkout / ajax .
php ? get_qty id_product = 1 & id = 42 &
_product_attribute = _ = 14308574 &
Instead of module / paypal / ect .....
What can be ?
gates despite these errors , a day after meeting them .
There are abandoned carts that correspond to the products of the error.
My site prestahop is enabled only for Italy .
thanks

Hello everyone , sorry in advance if I'm wrong to comment here my problem .
A few days ago I noticed that in the statistics of the 404 pages I find many links to errors with paypal .
In particular, I see that the module path is wrong , because it points to / paypal / express_checkout / ajax .
php ? get_qty id_product = 1 & id = 42 &
_product_attribute = _ = 14308574 &
Instead of module / paypal / ect .....
What can be ?
gates despite these errors , a day after meeting them .
There are abandoned carts that correspond to the products of the error.
My site prestahop is enabled only for Italy .
thanks

The only solution I've got is to delete the friendly URLs for order and quick order. This solves the PayPal v3.8.2 issue with the 404 error. Obviously there' s some kind of a misunderstanding with the module and the friendly URLs.  

what do you mean by "delete the friendly URLs" ?  Do you mean using .htaccess rewrite rules ?

what do you mean by "delete the friendly URLs" ?  Do you mean using .htaccess rewrite rules ?

Just go to Preferences >> SEO& URLs and delete the friendly URLs for these pages. They do not need to be "Friendly" anyway, as they are not indexed / they are disallowed by robots.txt. I hope this helps :-)

• Like 1

Just go to Preferences >> SEO& URLs and delete the friendly URLs for these pages. They do not need to be "Friendly" anyway, as they are not indexed / they are disallowed by robots.txt. I hope this helps :-)

Thank you, I didn't remember this was reacheable by the BO !

• Like 1