Attributes display order

Hi

Does anyone know how I could define the attribute display order so that it isn't alphabetical. I tried the 01. 02. trick but that didn't work as the numbers show up.

I found fixes for previous versions but not for 1.2.5

Thank you for your help
Julien

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having an issue with this (1.2.5), especially when I use the product combinations generator. My attributes are not consistent when using this generator and seems random.

I typically have 8 variations of a single product, and this is just going to confuse the user if attributes are jumbles up for different products. It seems very strange there is no way to sort the attributes or subsequent generated combinations of a product in the back office?

Tomerg3,

I'll be curious to see it the Attributes Wizard module when it's done. What sort of price range do you anticipate this falling into?
Check out my work in progress to see my issue, although I still have a long way to go in terms of the catalog :-(

http://www.goldgalleon.com/

It's pretty much done, the only other thing that I need to add is the ability to enter translations for the attribute descriptions and group headers, and do more testing :)

I'm not sure about the price yet, but it will definitely be under $100.

I have the same problem with 1.2.5

I've tried to see in AttributeGroup.php, Attribute.php, SQL command is ok and I tried to play with it like ORDER BY name, id etc. doesn't work, attributes still can't be sorted by name or id or anything it's just seems random :(

It is random, which is very odd indeed.

As my previous post says, my module takes care of that part, and lets you control the order, but if that is all you need, I think my module is an overkill and is probably not worth getting just to fix the order.

It does let you customize the attributes quite a bit, so it's worth a closer look :)

1.add 1 attribute at a time
2.add them in order then they will display in order.

example:
shoes size: 40 41 42 43

you should add them separatetly ,remember 1 attribute at a time

Fist:40 second:41,third:42 , forth:43

Don't put all size in one attribute like this: size:40,41,42,43

then see them in FO, they should be displayed like below:

1.add 1 attribute at a time
2.add them in order then they will display in order.

example:
shoes size: 40 41 42 43

you should add them separatetly ,remember 1 attribute at a time

Fist:40 second:41,third:42 , forth:43

Don't put all size in one attribute like this: size:40,41,42,43

then see them in FO, they should be displayed like below:

I still don't think this works once you hit the "product generator" button? In other words, I believe the product combinations are still listed in random order in the BO, and subsequently, in the FO.

see attribute of my products in BO,see how they display in front office : [Fake website - Moderated by Patric]

I add the attribute by csv file.If you do manually ,it will also works.

take a try!

16493_XEkJhGAXC9BcHNwjxLL7_t

see attribute of my products in BO,see how they display in front office : [Fake website - Moderated by Patric]

take a try!

Thanks for trying to help, but I think there is a bug with the way the "Product combinations generator" works when it comes to the Attributes order.

I took a screenshot of how my Attributes are set up in "Back Office >> Catalog >> Attributes and groups", they are displayed in the order that I want them.
However, once I pull the trigger on the "Product combinations generator", the attributes are displayed differently (See screenshot) for the individual product. The BO display order matches the FO display order, but does not display in the order in which your Attributes were set up before using the "Product combinations generator".

16499_LNzdVRL8oXLDuRWl1JpX_t

16500_B5tmyd5JOJxSCgV7KQNj_t

take a try!

Thanks for trying to help, but I think there is a bug with the way the "Product combinations generator" works when it comes to the Attributes order.

I took a screenshot of how my Attributes are set up in "Back Office >> Catalog >> Attributes and groups", they are displayed in the order that I want them.
However, once I pull the trigger on the "Product combinations generator", the attributes are displayed differently (See screenshot) for the individual product. The BO display order matches the FO display order, but does not display in the order in which your Attributes were set up before using the "Product combinations generator".

After further thought, I decided to NOT use the Product Combinations generator, and manually add the combinations in the order I wanted them. Then, I duplicated the product and edited as necessary. This seems to be an acceptable workaround for me at the moment, thanks Chinabrandshoes for your suggestion.
I'm not marking this thread as closed, as the ability to modify the display order of Attributes is still not there.