The center of the shop white

Lucif

I use the default theme, and i want that the center of te shop (background header, categories, products, left and right column, footer) beeing white.

I did the next things:

In global.css (around line 236) i added a background-image (a black one).

remove background from #header
remove background from .columns-container
remove background from header
remove background from .header-container
remove background from header .banner
add background color #fff to .container (around line 1013)

This works on the most computers!

But there are also browsers (for example an apple with safari 6.1 browser) which shows not the background color! Only the black background image, and on that browsers, our whole webshop background is the black background..

How can i fix it?

I want to have a white center, and on the right and left a black background.

This is wat i mean:

http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO9643.html

The middle 1 colour (brown in this theme, i want white) and the right and left a background image (in this theme is it grey).

And i did it with the edits in the first post.

But the it is not in all browsers good.

Edited by Lucif (see edit history)

Every browser has its rules,that is really a true headache for every designer when trying to make things work as desired for every single visitor :)

Although all of them try to follow the same directives, sometimes somewhere something is not well understood, That trick is used to make safari (some versions only,the other will work right) to understand this is a background there and it should show it.

You need to adjust your css rules to the major browsers and versions, but I advise you not to try to make very old browsers to show the design as intended...just too complicated if possible.

Btw, it seems a very good theme! If you have bought it, developpers can give you a hand with browsers compatibility: I am sure they are willing to make their theme as widely compatible as possible.  :)

Ok, I see, Lucif. It is very difficult to give you a precise answer in this issue, because you must face browsers one by one

So, I recommend you to make a list of the tested browsers that are giving that/those problems.

Then, do a bit if googling searching for this phrase " (name-of-the-browser-version) how to fix css background"

So that, you will get lots of info on how to deal with any precise browser. In some cases, just one line of code will do the work with several browser versions.

Hope this helps!