Postage configuration

Hi there, im new to prestashop so uncertain if this has been addressed before.

I am setting up a prestashop site (based within the UK) to trade domestically within the UK and rest of Europe.

I have set up 2 carriers in the shipping tab 1. Royal Mail Recorded (for UK orders) and 2. Royal Mail International (for the rest of Europe)

We offer free delivery for orders over £30 but for the UK only.

What I cant find out what to do is set the system up to only allow free delivery on orders over £30 for UK (ie the Royal Mail recorded). Essentially I can only get Prestashop to apply a blanket policy of free delivery over £30 whichever country the order comes from.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kindest regards

Craig

I too am after a solution to this.

I have 3 carriers (well 3 levels of the one carrier, being regular, express and express platinum) and also a pickup from store option (which is free).

I want to have free delivery over a $value, but for the free delivery to only apply to the first carrier option, otherwise customers will simply select the most expensive carrier option and get free shipping!

I would also like to be able to do this.

I would also like to allow certain items to only use a certain carrier or to be restricted to UK postage only. As I do sell some items which cannot be shipped outside of the UK by law.

Anybody?

I would have thought this would be a standard feature?

If you have three carriers, all of increasing cost and speed of delivery, such as regular and express, I don't want the free postage to apply to all carriers if over the set limit in the back office.

The free postage $ limit should be carrier specific, while giving the shopper the option of upgrading to a faster delivery at cost if they want to.

Anyone??

Hello,

I need something along that way also.

I have 2 carries.

Correos: I charge a flat rate of 3 euros. If customer spends more that 30 euros this carrier is free
Postal Expres: This carrier only shows off if customer add more that 50 euros. I charge 5 euros for this in all cases.

So If a customer buys less than 30 euros it only shows Correos (with a 3 euros cost)
If she/he buys more that 30 euros it shows Correos free!
If she/he buys more that 50 euros it shows Correos free and Postal Expres 5 euros

Also If a customer pays with wire transfer I apply a discount rate of certain % and If they pay COD I charge and extra fla rate of 5 euros.

How do I set this up in Prestashop?

Thank you!

Hi.

Had the same problem. Wanted to make free shipping to Lithuania, but not to the rest of EU.

Actualy it's quite easy to do in "dirt" method by hardcoding some values directly in prestashop engine.

Configure your different zones for free shipping and not. Then open file "cart.php" from "class" directory. Find line // Free fees. It should be line number 713. Then modify next line for free shipping depending on price only for some zones.

Original line:

if (isset($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND $orderTotal >= floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) > 0)

Modified line by setting free shipping only for zones 7 and 8:

if (($id_zone == 7 OR $id_zone == 8) AND isset($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND $orderTotal >= floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) > 0)

Upload your "cart.php" and that's it. Working fine for me. :)

Code must be modified again if you'll change ids of your free shipping zones.