Auto sign a user to a group

Hi there,

I'm using several groups for my users. Some user groups have a discount for the available products. In the admin I always have to asign a user to a specific group. Does Prestashop has a function or a module to automatically asign a user to a user group when using a specific e-mailaddress? For example: There are 3 groups like group1, group2 and group3 and a user registrate with a e-mail acount [email protected], he should be automatically added to group1.

Is there a tweak for it?

There have bee some modules that try to tackle the issue of automatically. There are different variables each merchant has. Some want it auto based on Email, others based on address, some based off company name in registration etc..

I was unable to find a module that would do this exactly how you want. 

I suggest that you find a freelancer or post on the Job Offer part of the Forum. You can PM me if you want any recommendations. It should not be a difficult module to make. 

Here is a forum thread with some details about the thinking behind such a module in the database and code structure. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218742-solved-auto-assign-a-group-to-a-costumer-on-registration/

I hope this helps, thanks!

i created new module for this last week. i will share forum n this weekend.

like this.

http://prntscr.com/4q93jg

you can upload security codes via module admin for each group and send security code via e-mail to customers. when customer enter true security code customer group chanced automatic :)

Hi Safa,

Is the module already available?

Regards,

Lukas

i created new module for this last week. i will share forum n this weekend.

like this.

http://prntscr.com/4q93jg

you can upload security codes via module admin for each group and send security code via e-mail to customers. when customer enter true security code customer group chanced automatic :)

Thanks for the support Safa. Please let us know when this module is available. Please only post it on the Free Modules section and new posts regarding this specific question of auto assigning groups based on email handle at customer registration. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I resume such an old thread but I'm looking exactly for such module... did you finally manage to make it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

it's ready about two version.

security codes and e-mail check.

i will sumbit addons store in next week.

i will write here when module is ready for sale.

Hello,

it's ready about two version.

security codes and e-mail check.

i will sumbit addons store in next week.

i will write here when module is ready for sale.

Is it possible to know the price? I understood it was going to be free ;)

• 2 weeks later...