How do i "Uninstall/remove" a module ?

Vaupell

After some time with the module Stickers and labels not working, I Switched to another module

Advanced stickers and labels from Invertus which works just fine "out of the box"

I'm now trying to remove "Stickers and Lavels" but by uninstalling/removing/deleting it from the modules

panel does not remove it completely.

after uninstalling, I now get an error in BO  under "Settings/Images" - i cant acces the panel anymore

I requires the old module i removed.

Warning: AdminImagesController::require_once(/var/www/vhosts/myshop/ myshop /httpdocs/modules/belvg_stickerspro/classes/Belvg_StickersPro.php) [function.AdminImagesController-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/ myshop/ myshop /httpdocs/override/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php on line 41

Fatal error: AdminImagesController::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/ myshop / myshop /httpdocs/modules/belvg_stickerspro/classes/Belvg_StickersPro.php' (include_path='/var/www/vhosts/ myshop / myshop /httpdocs/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/ myshop myshop /httpdocs/override/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php on line 41

So I ofcourse contacted the developer, which requires FTP acces and BO access,

and due to experience I cannot give them that access, 

Any suggestions on how to completely remove this software ? 

Can i reupload some of the "original" prestashop files to overwrite what they changed?

Do i need to edit the SQL db, which is fine i will if needed ? 

Your module has created overrides, try to set PS to do not use overrides in PS Advanced parameters > Performance > Disable all overrides. Test if that resolves your issue .( and do not forget to disable cache as well)

Then, if ok, you can safely delete that override /override/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php 

Non native PS modules often create new modified controllers in that folder "yourprestashop/override". Once you have unistalled a module you can delete those files involved in the problem. That folder ensures that PS core is never directly modified, a sort of overwriting.

Hope this helps. Let us know about the result.

• Like 1

Your module has created overrides, try to set PS to do not use overrides in PS Advanced parameters > Performance > Disable all overrides. Test if that resolves your issue .( and do not forget to disable cache as well)

Then, if ok, you can safely delete that override /override/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php 

Non native PS modules often create new modified controllers in that folder "yourprestashop/override". Once you have unistalled a module you can delete those files involved in the problem. That folder ensures that PS core is never directly modified, a sort of overwriting.

Hope this helps. Let us know about the result.

Thank you! It worked out perfectly.

Do you know where to remove the additional links also added in the BO

One is  "Modules/Belvg Stickers Pro"  clickable redirects to "nothing" since i deleted the module

Also one when editing products in the left menu below "adv storage locations" 

Hello

If, as your tags suggest that, you have bought this module from the very professional belvg then you should talk to them about the problems you are having.

They will, I know, be able to help you

Paul

If you read my post, you should be able to understand that was unsuccessful.

And why are you responding with a comment like that, it's not going to help with the actual

question at hand, sounds more like a ill placed advertisement.

But luckily we got people like nutxlago here, be sure to give him a Like or two.

Hello

I did read your initial post in full and this is why I mentioned that they were a very professional.

I am not a module developer but if you do not give developers access to your back office to resolve any problems then I find that a little odd.

Developers sell modules to work with Prestashops default theme, if your theme has been altered in any way then the module may not work as expected.

I, an countless other forum members have bought modules and themes that do not work as expected simply because we have not told the developer of the changes we have made.

If you buy a module and do not trust or give the developer a chance to rectify the problem, which you said they did by asking for your credentials, then how do you expext to get expert help.

I look forward to continuing this conversation

Paul

Ps. And please do not treat me as an idiot

Edited by Paulito (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Vaupell, have you tried to delete the module using the module option in modules list? It seem it was not fully removed. It is difficult to guess what is going on without more info. Let's try to guess something more before continuing.

Please, turn PS debug to true in /config/defines.inc,php arround line 27 (first line of code) :

if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_'))

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);  /*set it to true*/

Then, go to modules and click the module, check if PS is showing any php errors. (As debug mode is generally very verbose, it is better to put your store to maintenance mode before enabling it).

If you can read your server error_log you should have a hint there of what is going on.

Then, return and show us the errors if any.

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)

I look forward to continuing this conversation

Paul

Ps. And please do not treat me as an idiot

Well don't to be honest this topic is about a problem, and you want to discuss something else.

I'm quite sure that's called thread-jacking, and its frowned upon in most communities.

Unless you have some sort of solution or input to the specific problem i suggest you stay out of the topic.

Vaupell, have you tried to delete the module using the module option in modules list? It seem it was not fully removed. It is difficult to guess what is going on without more info. Let's try to guess something more before continuing.

Please, turn PS debug to true in /config/defines.inc,php arround line 27 (first line of code) :

if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_'))
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);  /*set it to true*/

Then, go to modules and click the module, check if PS is showing any php errors. (As debug mode is generally very verbose, it is better to put your store to maintenance mode before enabling it).

If you can read your server error_log you should have a hint there of what is going on.

Then, return and show us the errors if any.

Hi again, nutxlago.

Module is removed, I'm running dev mode true, btw all this is done on a "local" copy, not the live store.

I know link's like these in Vbulletin are read/added via XML files.

However, I haven't located these 2 yet.  Screenshots below

I have cleaned the DB and file struckture of traces from the module but the links remain.

post-814181-0-24290700-1411749248_thumb.png

post-814181-0-92475500-1411749254_thumb.png

Hello again

I think possibly you are correct, Not about thread jacking but about me being honest.

The reason I responded to your topic was that I could not understand why you would not let the developers try to fix your problem, this is a thing that the majority of module buyers would want a developer to do, at least, in my limited experience of these forums.

Paul

Because it is surely related to the above overrides. Do you have tried to delete /cache/class_index.php? Do not panic, it is recreated by PS itself if it is not there.

If you encounter problems after that, you can replace autoload.php with the new version linked here at point 1 (Slow PS performance) http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/351806-sticky-1609-solved-bugs/.

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)
  • Like 1