Add customized product text to existing product line in Shopping-Cart

wjbeckett

Hi all,

I've been looking for a way to add the custom text to the existing product without creating an additional row beneath the product.

What I mean by this is can I make the customized text be inserted into the product under the attributes? See attached screenshot.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this but have been having a pretty hard time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

William.

post-834988-0-53845700-1411082142_thumb.png

How to change it by editing the core files I can't be too specific without digging into the code but I'd look at shopping-cart-product-line.tpl. It should be pretty easy but I have never tried it.

If you're not comfortable editing core files I use Attribute Wizard Pro which allows for a text field to be an attribute so it is included in the original product row like all attributes. It is a great module with a lot of features but might be a little expensive (~$150) if you only want to use it for fixing text placement which really you should be able to fix by editing a few lines of a tpl The same developer offers a a different version that is less and likely does what you want so you could check on that but still paying for a module where you won't use 99% of the features seems wasteful.

Edited by Naldinho (see edit history)

Thanks for the reply Naldinho,

I did see Attribute Wizard Pro however I can't really justify spending $150 to modify one product once.

In my shop, I only have 4 products and only one of those 4 products uses a custom text field.

I'm happy to edit the core files, and I've been digging around in there, I'm just finding it hard to figure out where to put what.

I assume the value I need to move is $customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId

However, finding where I need to move it and then stopping it from adding the second row is where It all gets too hard for me. haha.

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to try to achieve this.

Regards,

William.

Did you try to modify cart-product-line.tpl as Naldinho suggested ?

Yeah I had a look at that page but couldn't figure out what I needed to put where.

Obviously this is my first time playing with Prestashop so everything is new to me.

I just kept getting lost in what pieces of code I needed to move where.

• 2 weeks later...