Ho to get "Featured products on the homepage" Displaying after Reset

IeM

V 1.6.0.9

Hi,

Using Multistore I had all of the same feature products on each of the 5 stores so I reset "Featured products on the homepage" after trying to uninstall and re-install it for each of the stores.

The reset removed all of the featured products for all of the stores.

I then selected the correct store and made sure that each of the products I wanted featured for that store had the root catalogue (Home) selected as well as their correct sub category. 

The "Featured products on the homepage" module is active, the cache cleared, and the compiled files cleared. No matter what I do or how many times I do it I can't get any Featured Product to show so there are no products on the home page.

I'm not sure which tables are used for this module but the 6 "ps_feature......." tables are all empty. Should this be the case?

Now there is a side issue that may or may not be part of this. Each time I build the catalogue tree, it breaks once I get to about the 30 items. That is the catelogue tree can not be viewed anywhere except for the root and and sometimes the first sub node. You can't select any categories in the Top Menu module as they do not show, and if you had it set before it broke, the front end top menu stops working. The Top Menu stops working period. This is being looked at as a potential bug at the moment but I thought I should mention it just in case it is relevant to this issue.

After trying to get the feature products to show I ended up changing to a new root directory called products and deleted the 'home' one as I had to do what i could to get at least one site with a menu. I did go back to the products and made sure that the root 'Products' category was now selected as there is now no Home version. Still no products showing but I have one site with a menu. 

• 2 months later...

I have just upgraded to 1.6.0.9 and seemed to have same issue and couldn't get products to appear on home page.

I was getting the message :

No featured products at this time.

It turns out to be a wrong setting in the module "Featured products on the homepage"

I went to the configuration page of the module, and in the input "Category from which to pick products to be displayed" I just had to put back the default value 2

Looks like the upgrade replaced this value with 1.

Perhaps someone knows who should be informed of this as to fix it in the module upgrade.

Hope this can help in the meantime.