Carts not generating Orders

Hi all.

I've now had 2 customers go through the order process, complete the checkout procedure, funds have been paid into my paypal account, yet the cart has NOT changed into an order and nothing shows against the customer other than the cart.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm using version 1.2.3.0

Hi Sheepskin

The orders have been going through fine until a few days ago so am not too sure whats happpened as I haven't made any changes to the system at all, it's just been running nicely along until this.It's really frustrating as we're getting into our busiest sales period now so need to try and resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Nope, not upadted anything in the inventry at all!

I've made no channges to anything in the shop it's just suddenly stopped working and is now costing me money as am having to keep taking the shop offline to try and fix.

Any chance of someone from Prestashop responding at all?

Well, Prestashop are about to lose one user unless they can come back to me and let me know what to do to resolve the problem. They will also be getting a bill from my Lawyer for the time I have had to input already into trying to resolve the issue and for loss of earnings as well as the time it will now take to implement a new shop system...

me too! I have already downloaded zen cart and going to load it up today and see if it is a bit more friendly. I just hate that I have put so much time into this. Completed and tested it last night and ended up with the same problem you have. I have posted 4 times in this forum and have had people view them but have never received a response.

It is really sad that they do not publish a user guide.

What's sad is that they offer a forum that they do not then monitor and that they seemingly have no interest in supporting their own products.

Zen didn't work for us and we really hoped that Prestashop would but to be fair it doesn't have half the functionality of other shopping carts that are out there that are also free and has few modules that are free to use which seems to be another way for Prestashop to earn money without providing support.

I am a severley disgruntled customer!!

Hi folks,

I'm using Prestashop 1.2.4 and having the same problem as others - payments for orders go through PayPal perfectly (I'm using the PayPal 1.6 module with a Website Payments Standard PayPal account), but when the customer returns to the website their cart is still full, and no order is registered in their account area. No emails are sent to the customer from the store and no orders show up in Admin.

I've only just started putting test orders through so I don't have a history of successful orders. The sandbox mode doesn't work - something else I'm trying to fix.

I'm continuing to scour the forums for solutions, but I have to say I'm getting a bit sick and tired of it. Why is there a big logo on the Prestashop homepage saying "PayPal Premium Partner"?? As a Premium Partner I'd expect there to be a cart/order system that works with PayPal, or at least provide a proper solution or patch to fix things.

Ash

I've now upgraded to PS 1.2.5 and got my PayPal sandbox working. I am able to replicate the problem in sandbox mode.

It seems the issue isn't the PayPal module, but something to do with PS - am I right or wrong??

I'm reading threads about various bugs and possible solutions including:

>> File/folder permissions - all set to 777
>> The Mail Alerts module - currently for me producing a Server 500 error
>> Using the PayPalAPI module with Website Payments Standard (not Pro)
>> Adding a new entry in a MySQL table PREFIX_order_detail - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/12032/P15/general_discussion/order_complete__stock_level_remains_unchangedpdf_files_incorrect
>> Currency settings in PS and/or PayPal - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/31112/help_configuration___use/payment_error
>> Localhost vs 'real' server - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/35125/general_discussion/configuring_the_paypal_module
>> Using the BETA PayPal modules - they seem to have problems of their own

I'm also contacting other users directly and offering to pay them to fix my store! GET IN TOUCH if you think you can fix things - thanks.

Ash

Like it..... You haven't purchased it, its free. Created by people working for free, supported by people for free...

I've been working with PS for about 3 months now, so a reasonable newbie but been programming for about 10 years, I've had problem after problem at first with PS and had help solving every problem from people on this forum.

9 out of 10 times its been down to user (me) error. Permissions is always a good one and I'll be an old man before I get every permissions based problem sorted.

PS is an incredibly powerful bit of software - I've used many others freebies, including Zen & OS and also expensive commercial options which frankly aren't event worth the CPU time. Put some time into learning about how PS works, how it runs, how it likes these 'permissions' set up and it will reward you.

Be nice to the guys on the forum; think about it - if you were doing something for free, would you help the first jockey that came on slagging your hard work that they have given you nothing for... I don't think so.

Regarding this issue, without having a good look I don't know an instant fix.

First point of call is checking permissions.

I've ruined a site by changing permissions of one folder and then forgetting which one it was, trying to fix it by changing them all to 777, and then 755 without any luck
Follow the installation instructions and it works out of the box.

I've not had any of the problems in the previous post, but its 100% guaranteed to be something you / someone has changed.

I quickly learnt in my programming career 'I did nothing and it stopped working' does not exist... If it was working yesterday, it will work today, and guess what, it will still be working tomorrow - providing you change NOTHING...
(Excluding hosting problems...)

Try and back track on what you have been doing, disable / uninstall / reinstall the module you were playing with, revert back to an older version or better still the out of the box version. Work back on yourself until something starts working again and if it doesn't work, PS is pretty easy to install from new. I've had a duplicate site on a different server set up from scratch to fully operational in an afternoon so take a DB backup, Image folder backup and do a fresh reinstall...

All the best

Dan

Wow, that's really helpful Dan. Of course it would be more helpful if you felt like posting the solutions to the "problem after problem" you had.

I completely agree with not slagging off the crew who built PS, and I do think it's a great piece of software, but at the same time there's no point providing something for free, shouting from the hills about how great it is, but having a load of problems with it that prevent it from working.

I'm going through a methodical process trying to figure out the issues (thanks again for that nugget), but so far haven't had my store working properly at all, even though it's a pretty basic install. As you say, it will probably come down to something I've done, with something, somewhere - just finding it is frustrating considering I haven't changed PS much.

It would be helpful if there was a forum category called "Solutions" perhaps.
Ash

Hi Ash,

Agree with what you say, but PS (for me) worked straight 'out of the zip' and although took a few days to really get into and installing a few times to really get it down to understanding how it likes to be installed.

Whats your web URL and I'll have a look.

What server are you running on?

Dan

P.S - Just did a classic - AHH THE SITES BROKEN!!! Went on one of my live PS shops and found that ALL my product prices were at £0.00 though ah crap, ive been messing with loads, how did i not see this happen when i was editing stuff... worked through my code, again, and again, and again, and checked the backend, frontend, the works...

Completely forgotten that i had created a user group with 100% discount for testing the whole ordering process and was logged in! - Classic =)

Guess its another case of 'look for the simple things first'

What's sad is that they offer a forum that they do not then monitor and that they seemingly have no interest in supporting their own products.

Zen didn't work for us and we really hoped that Prestashop would but to be fair it doesn't have half the functionality of other shopping carts that are out there that are also free and has few modules that are free to use which seems to be another way for Prestashop to earn money without providing support.

No cart is perfect, get over it, work on your shop, make it better. I think your claim about functionality is short-sided and proves you probably know very little about the free-carts out there. Yes, presta has some short comings but it is also a very new cart and the user community is growing. There are tons of sites that have paypal and other payment modules working so just throwing presta under the bus will not solve your problems. Do some research and you will find the answers as most have been through the problems you all have already....

I have attached a copy of the paypal module that works flawlessly with Paypal and prestashop for me... if it doesn't work for you, you probably have something mis-configured. Let me know if it helps you guys out. To test properly, I would suggest running it in live mode and use coupons to get your totals down to a low level so you can make actual tests with the module...

paypal.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It appears that this problem of carts not converting to orders is solved for me. Have received my first customer order in back office, as well as successfully testing orders myself.

Below is reply email from my server host technical support in response to question of problems with the Paypal transaction conversion to an Order within Prestashop Back Office.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi, As per the link below:

https://www.pizzahotrock.com.au/

There are no problems with your SSL certificate. I had a look at your website files and noticed there were some permissions problems. I have fixed this up but please make sure that when you upload files they are give 644 permissions and folders are given 755 permissions. As the website run's as the FTP user it has full access to the files without giving it 777 permissions (this will cause internal server errors due to security). Can you please test if that helps otherwise the module might not be configured correctly.

Regards,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I recall following installation instructions to a tee.
I'm too green at this to know if this is unique to my server or applies more generally to others also.
Does the installation instructions need amendment??

Hope this is helpful for others also.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Folks!! I was working on PS 1.2.5 for two weeks now with Sandbox Paypal.

I faced all the issues I was reading on the Forum. I love PrestaShop. It seems to get buggy when payment gateway comes to picture due all those hard validations (We need validations to avoid fraud).

It seems that we need accurate step by step guide setting up payment gateway and bingo it all works fine.

1. The first issue I faced was that once I make my Paypal payment it takes me to Order History page instead of order confirmation and I see no order in the database.

This happened since my notify_url sent to Paypal was not accessible by Paypal. I was using hosts file entry in my local laptop testing prestashop and Paypal has no clue on how to access my notify_url page since it couldnt resolve the domain name.

2. Once I fixed the issue by using the actual public domain name, My orders were getting created but with Payment error. The backoffice gives me a warning "Warning: $0.00 paid instead of $73.05 !".

I figured out that I was using Paypal developer's a/c email address as Merchant. This is a mistake done by lots of developers while testing Prestashop. Create a new "Business" test account and "Personal" test account at developer.paypal.com and use the Business account as merchant ([email protected]) in Prestashop Admin > Payment > Paypal Configure >>
And Bingo everything works!!!!