[URGENT] [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module blocktopmenu: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION

Mathew123

Hi guys,

I am having major error with PrestaShop... I can't even finish working on my new website www.CartridgeExperts.ca.

I've reset the entire PrestaShop (with Softaculous) once already and don't want to do it again as I have just finished adding all of my very many product categories.

This is the error I CONSTANTLY get:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module blocktopmenu:
syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not the best with coding but if it's a small chance it would be great.... if it's anything major then wow I just started and already problems.... I'm hoping it can be resolved ASAP.

Kindest Regards,

- Mathew

Is there any way you could help me with instructions or something? I'm assuming this is in PHP My Admin and I did read the link for the solution but I am worried I will mess something up as I have just switched from Opencart to PrestaShop and i'm not used to coding it.

hello

but in this way the only one solution is to alter files.

you can also remove /modules/blocktopmenu directory from your FTP

and after that reinstall working copy of blocktopmenu module

I accessed my FTP and found this... is this the right spot and if so what file do I have to open? Will I need special software or can I just open it, edit it, and then re-save it? Thanks! :D

YAmyrL.png

I accessed my FTP and found this... is this the right spot and if so what file do I have to open? Will I need special software or can I just open it, edit it, and then re-save it? Thanks! :D

YAmyrL.png

I am also thinking maybe just uninstall PrestaShop and re-install yet again but this time not bother updating the Top Nav bar. As soon as I updated it, that's when it messed up.