Sub category Image Problem v1.6.0.9

MMCC

Anyone else having a problem with the 125 x 125 Sub category image messing up main category image?

An option is to forget about the Sub image but...is there any way to turn off the horizontal Sub category display to avoid viewing the 'No image available'???

Assuming you have already successfully transferred and regenerated all images over to 1.6 successfully (you can go look in your images file folders and see the correct product images in there).  Use chrome if you are not already, left click on the image then right click and choose inspect element.  That should show you what path prestashop is using to access the image.  Then search your files and see if the path to the image is matching the folders to get to where the actual image is and make sure the folder and picture names are all aligned/in harmony with the path.  Anything that does not match will give you the lack of image.

I hope you are doing all of this on a test and taking notes with what works so you can replicate on your live site.

Appreciate all your help...

I am a total novice currently building my site (not live), and all works / images are present and correct post-upgrade. This is new post-upgrade work I am currently working on. I can successfully upload the 125 x125 image for the Sub category...but the problem is the 125 x 125 image from the Sub category now also appears behind my Main Category image. If I remove my Main Category image the 125 x 125 image is also present  there in its 125 x 125 format...

Thanks for the clarification.  Unfortunately, that one is beyond me.  Sounds like an image spacial error in the code from the upgrade that I have no idea where or how to fix that.  Just wanted to not leave you hanging thinking that I abandoned you by not responding.  Hope this helps to give you a bump for more eyes on this....Anyone?

You are not wrong.

PS is using same image for category and subcategories and is adding white space to subcat images to make them look proportional.

You can make new image size in Images preferences and call it subcategory_default. To make them proportional instead of square images, set dimensions to 125px X 31px and then in categories.tpl change image from medium_default to subcategory_default.