Ver. 1.6.0.8 does not work on mobile

Here's the problems:

Using default-bootstrap theme. Prestashop ver. 1.6.0.8.

1) Clicking the "Add to Cart" button does not do anything when browsing via mobile (iPad, Android, etc.)

I will get a small animation upon clicking the add to cart button, but it does not add anything to the cart. 

2) Additionally, the top horizontal menu does not work on mobile phone, whereas it does work on the iPad.

Both tablets and smart phones are correctly mobile enabled through the Theme editor.

3) As these appear to be strictly touch screen issues, how does one fix them? Mobile ability is crucial.

It should be noted that even the Prestashop front office demo fails to work properly on mobile. It only works consistently on desktop.

1) The "Categories" drop-down on the Prestashop demo home page does not work right away on smart phone. It may or may not arbitrarily start working, but its behavior is not consistent or even reliable: i.e. sometimes it will drop down after much finger pressing, but then it won't close.

2) I have tried upgrading to 1.6.0.9 using one-click-upgrade module. Despite it successfully loading the file and saying "upgrade complete", in configuration information it still says I'm running Ver. 1.6.0.8!

Edit: one small bit of good news! I reset my iPad and upon finishing reconfiguration, it now appears that the add to cart function is working fine across Safari and Chrome.

Still having problems with the category drop down not working on smart phone, however.

Edited by Aardvark1971 (see edit history)